Press Release Summary:
- Features facial recognition that scans the face and sends data into time and attendance system directly
- Proximity cards uses RFID technology that tracks time and attendance safely and accurately
- Measures the temperature of every individual and will automatically capture the time of clocking
Original Press Release:
Mitrefinch Adds Facial Recognition and Proximity Readers to its Time and Attendance Solutions
Many businesses and organizations across the US have experienced a big loss due to pandemic situation. The latest data shows that more than 100,000 small companies have closed due to economic crisis.
Non-essential businesses have been forced to temporarily shut down or lay off their employees due to a significant reduction in revenue. While some of the states are still seeing the spike in cases, the country started to reopen in phases. Although this is a good sign for the businesses that have been suffering from this pandemic situation, it also comes with a number of health and safety challenges.
For midsize and large businesses with 100 -10 000 employees it’s important to automatically track time and attendance of all employees even during the pandemic. While 50-60% of US workforce is currently working from home when possible, the major part of remote workers will soon return to on-site workplaces and buildings.
With this in mind touch-free time and attendance systems are now becoming more popular for preventing the virus spread and maintaining safe and healthy work environment.
Employee Time Clocks – What’s the major issue?
In the past employees could clock in and clock out using a fingerprint time clock or biometric readers. Now when business owners need to comply with social distancing rules, the health of employees became the highest priority since traditional punch clocks can easily help spread the contamination and put people’s lives in danger.
Covid-19 is changing the way employees would clock in and clock out at work. Today businesses can choose the best contactless clocking option to fit their needs and stay compliant to new work regulations and restrictions.
Now fingerprints or palm biological clock systems can be replaced or retrofitted with hands-free proximity card readers, facial recognitions systems or web based, mobile or text clock-in software solutions.
They are easy to install and use and don’t require any additional hardware or software.
As an optional feature, you can add Fever Screening Detector that works in combination with a Facial Recognition device. It will measure the temperature of every individual and will automatically capture the time of clocking.
The Benefits of Contactless Time Tracking Systems
- Facial recognition: Easy to install and use, workers are required to stand in front of the small device that has a size of a smartphone. Facial recognition software scans the face and sends data into Time and Attendance system directly. Optionally, a Thermal Fever Screening can be used to measure the temperature. Conveniently, this type of device will recognize the face with a mask worn.
- Proximity Card: proximity cards or swipe cards rely on RFID technology (Radio Frequency Identification) to track time and attendance safely and accurately. Each employee gets a personal card for use with the existing biometric clock system.
Mobile phones: cloud-based time and attendance software allows workers to clock in and out online via mobile devices. Thus, these systems allow employees to use their smart phones to clock in and out, avoiding the need for a time clock. Another alternative way is to use SMS clock in system.
This type of mobile clocking is the best choice for remote employees in multiple locations or buildings or for the workers in the field. Combined with scheduling tools that show real time staff availability will result in a cost-effective remote workforce management.
Mitrefinch , a global provider of time and attendance software company with 40 years on the market, delivers intelligent workforce management solutions for midsize and large organizations of any industry.
Mitrefinch USA branch is servicing North/South America and Mexico area zones