Press Release Summary:
The Safe-T-Zone® Thermostatic Mixing Valves are designed to regulate water temperature when eyewash or emergency shower is activated. The valves are offered in STW-350, STW-362 and STW-370 models with 62.5, 38 and 9.7 GPM capacities. They come with optional accessories such as stainless steel flush or surface-mount cabinets for corrosion resistance. The TMVs are certified to ANSI/ISEA Z358.1, ASSE 1071, CSA B125.3 and NSF/ANSI 372 standards.
Original Press Release:
Tepid Water Made Easier with New Speakman Safe-T-Zone® Thermostatic Mixing Valves
Concordville, PA; (October 31, 2018) – Every day, about 2,000 employees experience an eye injury that requires medical attention, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In an emergency, water temperature matters. When not delivered at an appropriate temperature, water can cause severe damage. In the event of chemical exposure, water that is too hot or too cold can even intensify injuries. Speakman’s all new Safe-T-Zone® thermostatic mixing valves (TMVs) are engineered to regulate water temperature whenever an eyewash or emergency shower is activated, making tepid water easily available, resulting in equipment that performs to all required industry safety standards.
Speakman’s Safe-T-Zone® TMVs include high quality materials and improved performance. All Speakman Safe-T-Zone TMVs feature solid brass, lead free construction and are available in high capacity STW-350 (62.5 GPM), medium capacity STW-362 (38 GPM) and low capacity STW-370 (9.7 GPM) options. The new Speakman Safe-T-Zone® TMVs are available with optional accessories that include stainless steel flush or surface-mount cabinets for corrosion resistance with integrated locks and mounting brackets. Additional features include:
- Solid brass construction
- Lead-free bodies
- Installation flexibility with top or bottom inlet positioning depending on water supply location
- Adjustable set point to allow customization with water temperature
- Cold-water bypass in the event of hot water failure and a positive shut-off when the cold water supply is lost
- Compatible with most existing Optimus, Eyesaver and Speakman Traditional Series 400 and 500 eyewash systems
- Certified to the ANSI/ISEA Z358.1, ASSE 1071, CSA B125.3 and NSF/ANSI 372 standards
- Speakman’s legendary quality design and engineering
- 3-year warranty
Spec sheets, installation guides and ordering information for Speakman’s new Safe-T-Zone® TMVs are available at Speakman.com.
TEPID WATER TIPS
- ANSI/ISEAZ358.1 requires emergency eyewashes and showers deliver sprays that are tepid in temperature
- Tepid water is defined as between 60˚F and 100˚F
- Too cold - sprays below 60˚F can cause hypothermic shock
- Too hot - sprays above 100˚F can increase chemical reactions
- Tepid water is more comfortable and therefore more likely to be used properly to minimize the damage inflicted by harmful contaminants
- Tepid water helps the user keep the chemical burn or exposed area in the water stream for the recommended 15-minute flushing period.
Speakman Company is a 149-year old industrial plumbing manufacturer headquartered in Concordville, PA, known throughout North America for its engineered emergency eyewash and emergency safety shower solutions, and iconic fashion and commercial plumbing. Speakman is recognized in the industry for a heritage of superior quality and performance innovation. Learn more at Speakman.com.
CONTACT: Jason Brown, APR
501.515.0849 - voice or text