Press Release Summary:
- Features fault detection and fault triage suite
- Designed to help operators quickly, easily troubleshoot issues
- Helps owners and operators identify and solve issues to avoid equipment failure and energy waste
Original Press Release:
Johnson Controls Announces Metasys Release 11.0 to Maximize Building Operations and Modernize Systems
- • Feature-rich release is designed to help operators quickly, easily troubleshoot issues and keep their systems secure
- • Seamless connection with OpenBlue, a dynamic platform for connected, safe and sustainable building solutions from Johnson Controls
- • 30 years of building automation experience and customer insight shape this latest release, designed to help ready customers’ systems for the future.
MILWAUKEE (December 17, 2020) – Johnson Controls, the global leader for smart and sustainable buildings, has released its latest version of the Metasys Building Automation System (BAS), Metasys Release 11.0, which delivers enhanced system performance and new cyber security capabilities. The system’s new and updated features help owners and operators identify and solve issues to avoid equipment failure and energy waste, while also providing a flexible modernization path for aging system components.
Fault detection & diagnostic capabilities
Metasys Release 11.0 introduces a new, licensable Fault Detection and Fault Triage feature suite. By identifying building system-related faults, in order of severity, and providing suggested possible causes and corrective actions, it helps operators of varying experience levels quickly and easily identify and troubleshoot issues to keep systems running optimally and building occupants comfortable.
Modernizing systems with next-generation hardware and cyber security enhancements
Metasys 11.0 also introduces:
- Several new models to the high power Metasys hardware platform
- New equipment controller models, built with total cost in mind, to streamline installation time and costs and provide scalable options for any building management need
- A new Supervisory Network Controller Series model includes an on-board interface to give operators the ability to quickly and clearly monitor equipment status, view alarms, see trends, issue overrides, and change setpoints and parameters
- FIPS 140-2 Level 1 Compliance for Metasys Network Engines and Application Servers provides a strong cyber security technique to help prevent unauthorized access to customer systems and data
The increasingly urgent need to protect data and buildings and gain measurable results requires an up-to-date building automation system. Metasys 11.0 provides a flexible modernization path for customers with the porting over of feature functionality from legacy system components and enhanced replacements for aging hardware devices.
“We designed Metasys 11.0 to help customers with their most critical outcomes – to protect and secure their building investments and to do their jobs more efficiently,” said Chris Eichmann, vice president and general manager, global controls products at Johnson Controls. “The seamless connection with OpenBlue will power the next generation of future proofed building systems for our customers.”
Metasys connects into the OpenBlue dynamic platform from Johnson Controls. This connection enables a cost-effective and safer return to the workplace, remote energy management, future proof open technology, digital transformation and award-winning AI to accelerate sustainability and operational efficiency goals. It provides the data historian for the OpenBlue Enterprise Manager and the Building Operation Mode Dashboard as part of the OpenBlue Clean Air set of solutions. OpenBlue was designed with agility, flexibility and scalability in mind to enable buildings to become dynamic spaces for customers that deliver environments that have memory, intelligence and unique identity.
Over 30 years of innovation and customer successes
First launched in 1990, Metasys BAS was one of the first systems to use a personal computer as a host. Since then, Metasys has delivered over three decades of continuous innovation by providing new features and enhancements designed to help building operators do their jobs more easily.
- Now in its third generation, there have been 23 major and minor Metasys releases since 2003.
- The global Metasys footprint spans all seven continents and includes over 40,000 installations in over 150,000 buildings.
- In 2015, Metasys Release 7.0 introduced the Metasys user interface, which organizes information according to building spaces and the equipment that serves them, reducing learning time by 96%.
To learn more about Metasys Release 11.0 and to sign up for the Johnson Controls January 26th webinar, “Introducing Metasys Release 11.0,” visit: https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/campaigns/metasys-news.
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 100,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.