Press Release Summary:
- Enables faster turnaround times, and ensures better adherence to data privacy requirements
- Offers integrated passport, A4 Legal and A3 flatbed scanning capabilities
- Features card reader accessory that supports third-party readers and provides simple process for authenticating users requesting access to the scanners
Original Press Release:
Kodak Alaris Updates INfuse Solution to Further Enable “Capture at the Edge”
Rochester, N.Y., September 15, 2020 - Kodak Alaris has enhanced its award-winning INfuse Smart Connected Scanning Solution. The global information capture provider has added Windows Server 2019 support to the INfuse infrastructure, introduced three new flatbed accessories, and is now offering a card reader accessory in response to customer demand for access control and user authentication.
The updates are designed to drive further adoption of ‘edge capture,’ which involves scanning at the edge of a business process where documents enter an organization. Workers at a bank branch, a shipping & receiving dock, or remote workers scanning documents at home can benefit greatly from edge capture as a means to quickly get information off paper and into a business process. Edge capture saves money, enables faster turnaround times, and ensures better adherence to data privacy requirements.
“The INfuse platform provides partners and end users with tremendous opportunities to automate workflows by seamlessly connecting document capture to existing business systems and the cloud,” said John Blake, Senior Vice President Marketing & Products for the Alaris division of Kodak Alaris. “By adding new capabilities, we are further differentiating INfuse, allowing our partners to deepen customer relationships and quickly grow new revenue streams.”
Making a Groundbreaking Solution Even Better
Launched in September of last year, INfuse is now firmly established as a disruptive technology with the potential to profoundly impact the information management market. According to IDC, “One of the most intriguing models released during 2019 was Kodak Alaris' INfuse AX scanner . . . This is an extremely unique offering and may indicate the future of the scanning market...(1)
In addition, Keypoint Intelligence - Buyers Lab described INfuse as ‘a groundbreaking solution’ and recognized it with an Outstanding Achievement in Innovation award earlier this year. INfuse combines software and scanners from Kodak Alaris with a channel partner’s application to enable end users to easily onboard content directly into a business process. Kodak Alaris has added Windows Server 2019 support to its partner-centric, cloud-connected scanning platform which also works with Amazon, Alibaba and Microsoft Azure. Expanding the INfuse infrastructure to support non-public cloud environments allows partners to create customized solutions that enable customers to move capture to the edge, regardless of where they are in their cloud adoption journey.
The new Integrated Passport, A4 Legal and A3 Flatbed Scanners further expand the scanners’ capability, giving end users more flexibility to capture a wider variety of document types such as folders, books, bound materials or fragile and larger items that cannot be fed through the scanner.
The new Card Reader Accessory, including support for select third-party readers, provides a simple process for authenticating users requesting access to the scanners. This new functionality addresses customers’ data privacy, chain of custody and security concerns. Users can authenticate at the scanner using their employee ID badge, and once authenticated, can perform tasks according to their assigned permissions.
INfuse in Action – Early Adopters Reap Benefits of Smart, Connected Scanning
Several ISVs and solution providers are now delivering INfuse to end users.
- Xenith Intelligent Workplace Services is partnering with Kodak Alaris to create a pre-configured Scan@Home Solution for remote workers, built on INfuse.
- Integrated Document Technologies (IDT) is collaborating with Retarus and Kodak Alaris to provide a fully integrated, easy to use “scan to fax” solution. The network-connected offering eliminates monthly dedicated phone-line charges as well as maintenance, per-click, and consumables charges.
- Other Kodak Alaris partners are developing solutions for industries including healthcare, government, and logistics.
For more information, please visit the Kodak Alaris website.
(1) IDC, North America Document Imaging Scanner Market Shares, 2019: More Competition with Better Price for Performance, Doc # US46251920, May 2020
About the Alaris division of Kodak Alaris
Alaris is a leading provider of information capture solutions that simplify business processes. We exist to help the world make sense of information with smart, connected solutions powered by decades of image science innovation. Our award-winning range of scanners, software and services are available worldwide, and through our network of channel partners. For more information, please visit AlarisWorld.com and follow us @AlarisWorld.