Press Release Summary:
The EtherCAT Absolute Encoders are available in Model A58HE and Model A58SE models and are designed for use in harsh factory and plant environments. The units are offered in 58 mm diameter housing and offer bore sizes up to 15 mm and shaft diameters up to 10 mm. The encoders can be operated in -40°C to 85°C temperature range and are rated to IP65 sealing. They provide CoE, FoE, EoE Ethercat communications and single turn resolution up to 16 bits. The products can work in daisy-chaining and redundant ring configurations.
Original Press Release:
New EtherCAT-Ready Absolute Encoders from EPC
As more and more industrial applications switch to Industrial Ethernet, components need to keep up with the technology. That's why EPC is now offering Absolute Encoders with EtherCAT* Deterministic Communications.
New EPC Model A58HE and Model A58SE are EtherCAT-ready, multi-turn absolute encoders designed for harsh factory and plant environments. They are particularly suited to applications where Ethernet-based connectivity is required, and the encoder has to retain absolute position information after power-off events.
The Model A58HE is a 58 mm encoder in a hollow bore construction offering bores sizes up to 0.375" or 15 mm and an IP65 seal. The Model A58SE is a 58 mm shaft encoder, offering a synchro flange or clamping flange, and shaft sizes up to 0.375" or 10 mm, and an IP65 seal (with an IP67 seal on the 10 mm shaft).
“Both the A58HE and A58SE encoders are easily designed into a wide variety of applications,” says Sarah Walter, electrical engineer and EPC Technical Sales Manager. “They plug directly into a network with minimal prerequisites, and work in various configurations, including daisy-chaining, and redundant-ring configurations that can continue communication in event of a line break. That makes for quick installation and facilitates data exchange among connected devices, allowing companies to transition to a networked system and facility. And these encoders work with CANopen over EtherCAT, so for users familiar with CANopen technology, implementation will be straight-forward.”
The Model A58HE and Model A58SE Absolute Encoders offer:
- EtherCAT Deterministic Communication: CoE, FoE, EoE
- Multi-turn resolution up to 43 bits
- Up to 16 bits of single turn resolution
- 58 mm diameter housing
- Bores sizes up to 0.375" or 15 mm
- Shaft diameters up to 0.375” or 10 mm
- Durable magnetic technology
- Proven turns counting technology with no gears or batteries
- Operating temperature range of -40° C to 85° C
- Sealing rating of IP65 (on A58SE, 10 mm shaft comes with IP67 sealing)
- Continuous digital position monitoring
- Ability to retain absolute position after a power outage
- Meet CE/EMC Standards for Immunity and Emissions
- Works in various configurations, including daisy-chaining, and redundant-ring configurations
Contact EPC today to see which encoder is right for you application. When you contact us, you talk to real engineers and encoder experts who can answer your toughest encoder questions. Call today and talk to an expert in motion feedback.