Press Release Summary:
Large cable strippers, Cat. No. 21050 and Cat. No. 21051, can remove insulation on MTW/THHN/THWN-2 cables without nicking or damaging the wire. Clover design provides for four different wire sizes. Twisting of the stripper produces quick, clean, safe, and precise cuts on the wire. The tool is robust, durable, and can work with a variety of cables. Blades and screws on the strippers are replaceable.
Original Press Release:
Klein Tools® Enables Quicker and Safer Insulation Removal with Large Cable Strippers
June 21, 2018 (Lincolnshire, Ill.) – Klein Tools (www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, introduces two new Large Cable Strippers, which help to quickly and safely remove insulation on MTW/THHN/THWN-2 cables.
Large Cable Strippers (Cat. Nos. 21050, 21051)
- Effectively and safely removes insulation on MTW/THHN/THWN-2
- cables without nicking wire
- 350 - 750 MCM cable (Cat. No. 21050)
- 2/0 - 250 MCM cable (Cat. No. 21051)
- Clover design features four different wire sizes in one tool
- Just insert the cable and twist for precise, clean cuts
- Quicker, safer and more precise than a knife or other alternatives
- Robust, durable design for longer tool life
- Works with a variety of cable manufacturers, including CME Wire and Cable, Inc., Encore Wire Corporation, United Copper Industries and Southwire Company, LLC
- Replaceable blades and screws (Cat. No. 21051B) available for extended use
“While everyday carry tools such as pocket knives have been known to come in handy when stripping wire in a pinch, more times than not cables can become damaged or nicked in the process,” says David Klein, director of product management at Klein Tools. “Klein’s new Large Cable Strippers enable tradespeople to conveniently and effortlessly remove insulation from four different wire sizes with just one tool, offering a safer and quicker alternative than other wire stripping methods.”
For more information, visit www.kleintools.com/new-products or search for #NewKleins on social media.
About Klein Tools
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the No. 1 choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visit www.kleintools.com.