World-Class Test Capabilities Address Development, Manufacturing, Next-Generation Research Programs
SANTA ROSA, Calif., – Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:KEYS) today announced it will show its newest solutions that address present and future wireless design and test challenges at Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Mar. 2-5. Keysight will showcase innovations in LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) including 3GPP, Releases 11, 12 and 13, and will demonstrate leading-edge 5G wireless test and simulation solutions.
The Keysight demonstrations will focus on the high-performance design and test solutions required to address increased peak data rates with multiple technologies. This includes Carrier Aggregation, enhanced use of multi-antenna techniques, and enhanced uplink for next-generation wireless devices in RD and manufacturing.
Keysight will exhibit the following at Mobile World Congress, Hall 2, Booth 2I2:
• The latest updates to the E7515A UXM wireless test set. The UXM's powerful and extensible architecture is ready to handle the challenges of the latest LTE-Advanced evolutions, such as 4CC, 256 QAM, and UE categories 11 through 14. Keysight will demonstrate full, end-to-end IP data throughput of 450 Mbps with integrated, independent fading and noise for each component carrier, along with advanced small-cell technology, such as FeICIC, for verifying HetNet and cell-edge performance capabilities.
• Small-footprint conformance-test solutions, the T4000S-series wireless systems offers RF, RRM and PCT conformance and design verification test, including LTE-A test cases and CA band combinations. The compact design, based on a common hardware set, minimizes space requirements and scales from bench-top to a full rack system. Additional customizable test plans can be used to exhaustively verify UE design beyond conformance. Test automation, combined with remote user interface, enables extended test without tying up valuable engineering resources.
• Ultimate scalability and port density for high volume UE manufacturing with the E6640A EXM wireless test set. With multi-format coverage and fast, accurate measurements, the EXM is ready to handle the latest manufacturing test challenges, such as WLAN MIMO and LTE-A CA testing. Keysight will demonstrate 802.11ac, 160 MHz bandwidth, and 4x4 True MIMO testing, showing how EXM can generate and analyze high-throughput formats to help engineers quickly reach their production goals.
• The first one-box tester dedicated to femtocell manufacturing: the new E6650A EXF wireless test set. The EXF is validated with the latest WLAN and cellular chipsets, including LTE and LTE-A. The EXF delivers the speed, performance, and cost control with the scalability required to ramp production rapidly and lower the cost of test in manufacturing.
• Leading RF, wireless, millimeter-wave and high-speed digital design tools: Today the integration of all things wireless includes advanced car systems which contain RF, wireless, millimeter-wave and high-speed digital technologies. Automotive communication and component test challenges now include 2/3/4G cellular, 802.11p WAVE, Bluetooth® Low Energy and Near Field Communication (NFC). These technologies offer huge benefits, such as blind-spot detection, emergency braking, and real collision-protection to help drivers avoid risk and accidents. But with these advancements come significant design and test challenges to automotive companies and their suppliers. Keysight offers a broad and powerful set of performance automotive serial bus test solutions for RD, as well as for production and conformance test. These include oscilloscopes, signal generators, signal analyzers and one-box testers for RF and wireless verification.
"Even as LTE and LTE-Advanced are being deployed, we are already working on the next evolution in wireless technology," said Benoit Neel, vice president and general manager, EMEA field operations, Keysight. "As Keysight Technologies, we are even more focused on and committed to delivering the design and test solutions that will help our customers achieve the higher data rates and enhanced connectivity being planned in future wireless standards such as 5G."
Comprehensive 5G electronic design, simulation and test tools - developed by Keysight, will help engineers gain greater insight into research and early development processes. Keysight's 5G simulation and measurement solutions will give engineers necessary insights in their research and designs of mmWave broadband generation and analysis plus physical layer; MIMO, RF, microwave, and millimeter-wave components and antennas; as well as in high-speed digital and power management.
Keysight is working closely with industry consortia, industry-leading companies and academia to enable the next-generation of wireless communications systems and will showcase breakthrough 5G solutions in Hall 1, Booth 1E10:
• Keysight's 5G Baseband Exploration Library: this innovative design and simulation software solution supports a collection of 5G candidate waveforms for orthogonal and non-orthogonal multi-carrier air-interface designs and includes advanced MIMO and beam-forming signal processing. The library also provides transmitter and reference receiver modeling examples that can be easily re-designed to achieve optimal performance for comparison of each of the candidate standards proposals. One key strength of the 5G Baseband Exploration Library, its ability to integrate with existing test hardware for simultaneous simulation and emulation, will be demonstrated with Keysight's flexible 5G test platform.
• Industry-leading 5G mmWave MIMO channel sounding solution: channel measurements (sounding) and modeling are critical for 5G research and subsequent standardization on the air-interface. You will discover how the Keysight 5G mmWave MIMO channel sounding solution measures mmWave channel characteristics and how to use Keysight SystemVue to reproduce these characteristics in a 5G system simulation.
To learn more about the Keysight UXM EXM, EXF and T4000S wireless solutions, test solutions for advanced car systems, and other new wireless test solutions, visit Mobile World Congress, Hall 2, Booth 2I2. To learn more about Keysight's 5G research and exploration solutions, visit Mobile World Congress, Hall 1, Booth 1E10. Customers can schedule a time to meet with Keysight experts to discuss their design and test solutions requirements and ways to solve their most complex wireless communications test challenges.
About Keysight in Wireless
From WLAN to LTE-Advanced to the new 5G technologies, Keysight is focused on tackling the toughest design and test problems in the industry with the broadest range of solutions. With the most advanced electronic measurement solutions consisting of powerful software tied to both benchtop and modular hardware, engineers are able to get greater insight into design and test from simulation to RD from validation to manufacturing, from conformance to deployment. With experienced engineers in significant roles in cellular and WLAN standards groups and hundreds of application engineers all over the world, Keysight expertise is there to solve customer problems.
To learn more, visit www.keysight.com/find/cellular, www.keysight.com/find/LTE and www.keysight.com/find/5G. For a knowledge library of application notes, CDs and more visit www.keysight.com/find/cellular-accelerate and www.keysight.com/find/LTE-Insight.
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies (NYSE:KEYS) is a global electronic measurement technology and market leader helping to transform its customers' measurement experience through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Keysight's electronic measurement instruments, systems, software and services are used in the design, development, manufacture, installation, deployment and operation of electronic equipment. The business had revenues of $2.9 billion in fiscal year 2014. Information about Keysight is available at www.keysight.com.
Janet Smith, Americas
+1 970 679 5397
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Connie Wong, Asia