Press Release Summary:
The Water Source Variable Refrigerant Flow Systems are suitable for low space application such as high-rise condos, apartments, office buildings. The systems are offered in 6-, 8-, 10- 12-, 14-, 16- and 18-ton single modules and are used as heat pump or heat recovery systems. It provides IEER in the range of 20.3 to 29 and heating coefficient of performance of 4.3 to 6.3 at 68°F. They are offered with touchscreen central controller and duct-free mini split H-link adapter.
Original Press Release:
Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning will Introduce Hitachi Water Source Variable Refrigerant Flow Heat Pump and Heat Recovery Cooling and Heating Systems
Systems are among innovative products on display at 2019 AHR Expo
MILWAUKEE – (November 21, 2018) – Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning will introduce multiple new products at the AHR Expo in Atlanta in January 2019, including Hitachi Water Source Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) heat pump and heat recovery cooling and heating systems. These compact systems:
- Are exceptionally energy efficient
- Provide individualized comfort
- Are ideal when space is at a premium (high-rise condos, apartments, office buildings)
- Are optimal where outdoor placement is challenging (coastal areas, extremely cold climates) because units are located indoors
Hitachi VRF Indoor Units, Controls, and Gateway products are all fully compatible with the new water source systems for maximum design flexibility. And installation is simple, even in tight spaces, with top and front piping options.
The unified 6-, 8-, 10- 12-, 14-, 16- and 18-ton single module units can be used as heat pump or heat recovery systems and are available in 208/230V and 460V. Inverter compressor technology achieves high efficiency ratings, and a connection ratio of 50-130 percent offers design flexibility.
AHRI-certified efficiency ratings for the new Hitachi Water Source VRF systems are:
- Integrated Energy Efficiency Ratio (IEER) -- 20.3 to 29
- Heating Coefficient of Performance (COP) -- 68°F: 4.3 to 6.3
The company is also announcing new AHRI ratings for the 3-, 4-, and 5-ton Hitachi Mini VRF Heat Pump System: SEER up to 23.1, EER up to 16.7 and HSPF up to 12.1, making it the industry leader in rated efficiency. These systems are also compatible with existing Indoor Units, Controllers, and Gateways.
Additional products which will be introduced at the AHR Expo:
- Touchscreen Central Controller, which offers an intuitive, large touch screen for easy control of 2,560 VRF indoor units and up to 2,048 VRF systems.
- Duct-Free Mini-Split H-Link Adapter, which connects Duct-Free Mini-Split systems with VRF systems, enabling control through VRF Central Controllers or through a Building Automation System via the VRF Smart Gateway.
- Duct-Free Mini-Split Gateway, which integrates Duct-Free Mini-Split systems with all major Building Automation Systems.
- Duct-Free Mini-Split Touch Screen Controller, which provides multiple features and large icons for easy operation.
For more information about the Hitachi VRF product line from Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning, visit SmartFlex-HVAC.com.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions
Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions is making the world safer, smarter and more sustainable – one building at a time. Our technology portfolio integrates every aspect of a building – whether security systems, energy management, fire protection or HVACR – to ensure that we exceed customer expectations at all times. We operate in more than 150 countries through our unmatched network of branches and distribution channels, helping building owners, operators, engineers and contractors enhance the full lifecycle of any facility. Our arsenal of brands includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®,Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, PENN®, Sabroe®, Simplex® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @JCI_Buildings on Twitter.
Public Relations Program Manager
Johnson Controls, Building Technologies & Solutions
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641