Press Release Summary:
Producing clear to light amber, hard, high-gloss finish, PyroCide™ Clear maintains appearance of original wood substrate while providing water and UV resistance. Zero-VOC product will not bubble, haze, or crack and can occasionally be wiped with damp cloth. With flame-spread index of 5 and smoke density index of 15, coating provides protection of escape routes. PyroCide Clear, applied by brush or spray, has pencil hardness of 6H and Buchholz hardness of 100.
Original Press Release:
PyroTech Proudly Announces the Release of Its Latest Innovative and Revolutionary Product - PyroCide(TM) Clear.
PyroTech proudly announces the release of its latest innovative and revolutionary product – PyroCide™ Clear. For the first time, we are bringing a high-performance intumescent coating to the marketplace that is not only clear but is also formulated to enhance the beauty of new and existing wood surfaces.
PyroCide™ Clear will not bubble, haze or crack, making it the perfect coating for any project where the appearance of the wood is important. Because of its level of water resistance, wood surfaces coated with PyroCide™ Clear can occasionally be wiped with a damp cloth and still maintain both its flame-retardant properties and its high-gloss, hard, clear finish.
PyroCide™ Clear’s flame-spread index of 5 and a smoke density index of 15, easily qualified it for a Class A rating in an Underwriters Lab Full Scale 723 / ASTM-E84 test, which requires flame spread not to exceed 25 and smoke density not to exceed 50.
Key features of PyroCide™ Clear include:
• Produces a clear to light amber, hard, high-gloss finish
• Maintains the appearance of the original wood substrate
• Has excellent UV resistance (except in the extreme UV range)
• Zero VOCs
• Enhances hardness: pencil hardness of 6H, Buchholz hardness of 100
• Free from crazing of the dried film and cissing of the wet film
• Enhances resistance to humidity and water spotting
• Provides excellent protection of escape routes against flame spread
• Can be applied with a brush or spray
• Does not require a topcoat, but a topcoat is recommended in areas that may be handled or touched often or may be subject to high humidity
PyroTech ( http://P yro T ech.us) has been a flame retardant industry leader for over two decades, formulating, manufacturing, testing flame retardant chemicals coatings with distribution in the United States and throughout the world.
For further information call Jim Nelson at 630-628-1120 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit: http://PyroTech.us/pyrocide-clear.html