Press Release Summary:
Made of 316 investment cast, stainless steel forÂ applications where severe corrosion exists, XIHNS Series featuresÂ large bored throat opening of 4 1/16 in. for variety of OEM instruments and devices. Units offer three Â¾ in. NPT conduit entries as standard,Â but are available with up to 6 entries. Two solid cover and 2 glass cover options accommodate various depth instruments. OfferingÂ 3.31 in. viewing window, glass cover features tab-free retaining ring for maximum instrument clearance.
Original Press Release:
Adalet Introduces the Next Generation Stainless Steel Instrument Housings
Adalet announces a new addition to an already extensive line of explosionproof instrument housings. The new XIHNS next generation stainless steel, explosionproof instrument housing features a new, updated design and various features, options, and approvals. The 316 investment cast, stainless steel housing is ideal for rugged or explosionproof applications where severe corrosion exists. The modern, contour design provides an updated look for OEM applications housing sensitive instrumentation such as measurement devices, transmitters, multi-level circuit boards, or wide-angle readouts and displays.
With a large bored throat opening of 4-1/16", the XIHNS enclosure offers the largest opening and internal volume in the industry which can accommodate a wide variety of OEM instruments and devices. Two solid cover and two glass cover options are available to accommodate various depth instruments. The glass cover offers a viewing window of 3-5/16" and features a low profile / tab free retaining ring for maximum instrument clearance.
The next generation instrument housing includes many features not available on other models. A removable, internal mounting pan allows easy installation of devices. The XIHNS provides an option of up to six conduit entries, which is the most in the industry. Three ¾" npt conduit entries are standard. Two cast-on mounting tabs, centered, with an optional third tab for heavy vibration applications. A generous front boss allows for optional mounting bracket holes or a larger conduit entry (up to 1" NPT). The XIHNS carries global approvals which include UL, cUL, ATEX, and IECEx certifications.
- Modern contour design provides updated look for OEM instrument products
- Investment casting provides superior finish
- Removable internal mounting panel for convenient field drilling & tapping of mounting holes
- Up to five conduit entries - most on the market / Three ¾" npt conduit entries are standard
- Two cast-on mounting tabs, centered, with an optional 3rd tab for heavy vibration applications
- Generous front boss allows for optional bracket holes or larger conduit entry (up to 1-1/4" npt)
- Bored throat opening provides superior concentricity - 4" diameter
- Two solid and two glass covers are available to accommodate various depth instruments.
- Glass covers feature 3.31" viewing window diameter
- Glass covers feature low profile / tab free retaining ring for maximum instrument clearance
- Internal / external grounding hardware
- Global certifications: UL, cUL, ATEX, and IECEx
- 1/4"-20 UNC holes in front boss for bracket mounting
- Front boss modifications: 1/2", 3/4" or 1" NPT and various NPSM & metric entries
- 1/2" NPT reducers available (add suffix "2" to catalog number)
- Custom drilling & tapping in mounting pan
- Backwall NPT entry in lieu of mounting pan
For more information contact: Matthew R. Piecuch, Marketing Manager, 216.267.9000
For more than 85 years, ADALET, a division of Scott Fetzer, has been an industry leader in the development and manufacture of enclosure systems and cable accessories.
Adalet offers the most extensive line of enclosures and fittings to the hazardous and non-hazardous environment markets. Our engineered enclosure systems include explosionproof and stainless steel junction boxes, motor control enclosures, meter and instrument housings, and increased safety terminal and control enclosures. Our enclosures carry an extensive line of certifications and approvals both domestically and internationally.
To find out more information regarding our products, engineering services and our company-wide commitment to quality, please contact an authorized Adalet Distributor, Sales Representative or Customer Service Department.