Press Release Summary:
Inside-Outlet GFCI Power Port comes with three GFCI-protected receptacles (2 outside and 1 inside). Offering easy and safe test/reset panel, internal connections of the port features finger-safe cover. Port meets UL type 4, 4X, 12 standards and IP65. Unit’s non-GFCI outlets can be wired through GFDP1.
Original Press Release:
Mencom Now Offers Unique Inside-Outlet GFCI Power Port for Pane Interface Connectors
Mencom’s unique Inside-Outlet (GFDP1) Power Port features three GFCI-protected receptacles; two outside and one inside the panel to provide a simple solution to comply with NFPA 79, The Control Panel Utility Receptacle Standard. In order to comply with the standard,
- All utility receptacles must be GFCI Protected.
- All External Utility Receptacles must be covered.
- All covers must maintain enclosure rating.
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) requires the inspection of all GFCI outlets every month to check if the NFPA 79 standard requirements are satisfied.
Since the non-GFCI outlets inside a panel can be wired through the GFDP1 that is externally installed on the panel door, it provides the ability to conveniently test the outlets without opening the cabinet door while satisfying the NFPA 79 standards. The inspector can simply walk to the panel door, fips the protective cover, and push the test button. This easy step not only helps prevent potential safety hazards (such as Arc Flash) associated with opening an electrical panel but also eliminates the need for costly personal protective equipment (PPE) and a licensed electrician to access the inside of the cabinet.
- 3 GFCI-protected receptacles (2 Outside & 1 Inside)
- 120V GFCI Receptacle to 120V Simplex Receptacle
- Easy and Safe TEST/RESET outside the panel
- Outgoing Terminals for GFCI Protected Power
- Finger-safe cover for internal connections to power ports
- UL Type 4, 4X, 12
- IP65 with Mencom metal/low profile housings
Mencom, as the industry leading manufacturer of Panel Interface Connectors, currently has well over 3,000 designs in production. Remarkably, however, their experienced engineer team is still creating new designs almost daily to meet the various market demands.