Press Release Summary:
Industrial Ethernet Switches are offered in unmanaged, layer-2 managed and layer-3 managed variants. Units meet MIL-STD standard which offers use in shock, vibration, temperature and humidity conditions. The unmanaged switches feature to 20 Fast Ethernet or Gigabit ports, relay outputs and Profinet packet prioritization. Managed versions come with Profinet CC-B compatibility and provide network performance such as ERPS/RSTP ring, VLAN, QoS, and trunking. These switches offers extended operating temperature from -40°C to +85°C.
Original Press Release:
Mencom Corporation Offers Industrial Ethernet Switches for Harsh Environments
Mencom harsh environment industrial Ethernet switches series provide rugged solutions to manage hi-demanding advanced networks under the extreme temperature. Minimum operating temperatures for the harsh environment Ethernet switches range from -20°C to +70°C. The unmanaged switches in this series feature up to 20 Fast Ethernet or Gigabit ports, Relay Outputs and Profinet Packet Prioritization while the managed switches feature features Profinet CC-B compatibility. The managed switches also provide flexible advanced network management features to maximize network performance and minimize down-times, such as ERPS/RSTP ring, VLAN, QoS, and trunking. Additionally, the Gigabit switches are MIL-STD (Military Standard) certified for shock, vibration, temperature and humidity performance, and extended operating temperatures from -40°C to +85°C.
- Unmanaged Harsh Environments Switches
- 5 to 10 Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet ports, embedded Power over Ethernet (PoE) on selected models, and a variety of port configurations such as RJ45, SFP, and single- or multi-mode fiber optics
- Atex Zone 2 certified for using them in well areas or mines with a high risk of explosion
- Layer-2 Managed DIN-Rail Switches
- A high degree of link redundancy, low control, and configurability
- Designed to withstand strictest EMC requirements of compliance level 3 and level 4
- High-performance components guarantee a real-time packet switching, even on full load
- Layer-3 Managed DIN-Rail Switches
- High degree of security and Layer-3 switching capabilities
- Real-time packet routing based on the local network’s IP address instead of MAC address of the destination device
- Strictest Industrial EMC protection in compliance with Level 3 and 4
Please visit www.mencom.com for more information.