Press Release Summary:
DM series cordless impact tools include WH9DM and WH12DM impact drivers and WR9DM and WR12DM impact wrenches. Impact drivers can perform all functions of screwdriver and, by attaching different bits, can drill or tighten and loosen nuts and bolts. Impact wrenches also tighten and loosen nuts and bolts. Both are available in 9.6 and 12 V models, with 800 and 1330 in. lb torque, respectively. Models weigh 3 to 3-1/2 lb, making them comfortable to use.
Original Press Release:
DM Series Of Cordless Impact Tools
The New Hitachi Cordless Impact Series is sure to Knock Your Sockets Off
Norcross, GA - Hitachi Power Tools is proud to introduce its new DM series of cordless impact tools. Designed and tested with the most technologically innovative processes, including Computer Aided Design (CAD); these new tools provide the ultimate in power, comfort, convenience, and durability.
Screwdriver...no longer needed
DM series impact drivers are very versatile and can perform all of the functions of a screwdriver and more. They are capable of tightening and loosening screws; and by attaching different bits they are also capable of tightening and loosening nuts and bolts and also drilling. They are available in 9.6 and 12 volt models, the WH9DM and WH12DM respectively.
Also featured in this series are impact wrenches that are used to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts. A 9.6 volt model, the WR9DM, and a 12 volt model, the WR12DM are available.
These new impact tools are sure to get the job done with amazing tightening power produced by their fan-cooled, rare-earth magnet motors. The WH9DM impact driver and the WR12DM impact wrench are both top in their class in tightening torque, featuring 800 in-lbs. and 1330 in-lbs. respectively. Both impact drivers also have the fastest tightening speeds in their competitive classes, averaging 30% faster than the competition. The WH9DM can tighten a 4.5 mm x 90mm (W x L) screw in hemlock spruce in 3.8 seconds. The WHl2DM can tighten a 5.3mm x 120mm (W x L) screw in hemlock spruce in 6.5 seconds.
Furthermore, even with all of this power, the DM series tools run at incredibly quiet levels.
Top of the Class
Working in tight spaces is no problem with Hitachi's new impact wrenches. All DM series models measure in with the smallest sizes in their competitive classes, with heights of only 6-37/64". All of the models weigh in between 3 and 3-1/2 lbs., making them extremely comfortable to use.
Patented Grip and Cap
The sleekly curved and cyber-modern design of these tools features a back end that is completely covered by soft elastomer. A grip for incredible slip resistance and comfort smoothly flows into a cap for extreme protection and durability. A Hitachi patent pending, double-molding process is used to fuse the elastomer with the nylon body of the tool, meaning it is impossible for the elastomer grip and cap to be destroyed or removed.
Hooked on You
A patented one-touch belt hook is sure to make the Hitachi DM impact tools a favorite with the serious user:
* The hook can be quickly slid out or in when needed.
* It is easily mountable on either side of the tool for right and left handed users with the turn of a coin or screwdriver.
* The hook is easily adjustable to one of five different angles (0, 20, 40, 60, 80 degrees) to accommodate the angle at which the tool hangs when different weights of bits are attached.
* The design of the hook incorporates an ingenious bit holder to conveniently hold an extra bit.
In for the Long Haul
These new DM impact drivers and wrenches can be counted on to be around for a long time due to their high durability, dust resistance, and long service lives.
* The DM models are protected from burnout because of a more heat-resistant motor than the competition with:
- 1.4 times thicker winding
- a larger fan
- computer-analyzed air-ducts for superior cooling
* These models are thoroughly protected against dust with:
- dust-resistant contact seal bearings
- a unique labyrinth construction
- a minimal air inlet
- a powerful fan.
* The service life of the DM impact drivers and wrenches is 1.5 times longer than competitive models due to their highly durable motor and specially heat-treated steel gears. A removable armature. and carbon brushes greatly extend the lives of these tools making them a smart purchase.
With the Push of a Button.
The DM impact drivers and wrenches can be easily switched from forward to reverse operation with the quick push of a button conveniently located above the trigger on either side of the tool. A stepless variable speed trigger switch also ensures a smooth operation.
A Perfect Fit
The DM Series impact tools feature a wide flat battery that provides for excellent stability when the tool is free standing. The Nickel Cadmium batteries are also interchangeable with other Hitachi batteries of the same voltage further making the purchase of a DM tool a very wise buy! The new Hitachi DM impact series is sure to make a big impact on you!