PALO ALTO, Calif. - HP today expanded its notebook PC line with products and services that provide an optimal combination of sleek style, ultra-portability and high performance to deliver an outstanding mobile experience.
The company also launched HP DataPass,(1) a pre-paid 3G mobile broadband service available in the United States across HP's business notebook lineup, and expanded HP Beats(TM) Audio technology to a business notebook and consumer Mini PC.
HP furthered its "FORGE" business notebook design framework with the HP ProBook m-series and HP EliteBook p-series models and built upon its "MUSE" consumer notebook design philosophy with the HP Mini 210, HP Pavilion dv4 and HP ENVY 14.
New products and services include:
o Less than 1-inch thin, the HP ProBook 5330m features a dual-tone color scheme, brushed aluminum chassis and backlit keyboard and is HP's first business notebook to offer Beats Audio, which allows listeners to hear music the way the artist intended.
o HP's smallest and lightest EliteBook at only 3.68 pounds,(2) the newly designed HP EliteBook 2560p includes a 12.5-inch diagonal high-definition (HD) display(3) and high-performance Intel® processor and is the only notebook in the industry with an integrated optical drive in this form factor.
o The redesigned HP Mini 210 sports vibrant new colors, HP Beats Audio and HP QuickWeb 3.0,(4) creating an ideal mobile companion for on-the-go consumers.
o HP DataPass(1) is a pre-paid 3G mobile broadband service that allows users to purchase wireless broadband data using major mobile carriers in the United States without being tied down by contracts, hotspots and set-up fees.
HP ProBook 5330m - thin, stylish and affordable
Designed for savvy business professionals who value style, performance and affordability, the HP ProBook 5330m measures less than 1-inch thick, weighs 3.9 pounds(2) and sports a 13.3-inch diagonal HD screen(3) for exceptional portability. It also includes a backlit keyboard, making it easier to type in low-light environments
The new ProBook is powered by the latest second-generation Intel Core(TM) i5 and i3 dual-core processors(5) and includes the HP Fingerprint Sensor and TPM for enhanced hardware-based data security. Optional Intel vPro technology(6) helps deliver cost savings and improves security and remote manageability.
HP EliteBook 2560p and 2760p - light, powerful and travel-ready
Available in a stylish platinum color, the ultraportable HP EliteBook 2560p Notebook PC and EliteBook 2760p Tablet PCs blend modern design and precision engineering.
The HP EliteBook 2560p sports a thin, clamshell design with a lightweight 12.5-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD,(3) 16-inch x 9-inch display, and an integrated optical drive for added on-the-go convenience. Offering the same functionality as a conventional business notebook along with the flexibility of a writing tablet, the 12.1-inch diagonal HP EliteBook 2760p allows for pen use or finger touch.
Both EliteBook models offer second-generation Intel Core i7 or i5 dual-core processors,(5) Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0(7) and vPro technology.(6) They also feature full-size 7,200 RPM hard disk drives(8) and solid-state drives (SSDs) for longer battery run time, increased durability and quieter, cooler operation.
HP Mini 210 - stylish, on-the-go computing
With the addition of Beats Audio, the redesigned HP Mini 210 is the ultimate companion PC, offering high-quality entertainment plus productivity while on the go. Weighing under 3 pounds(2) and measuring less than 1-inch thin, the stylish HP Mini 210 delivers up to 9.5 hours of computing.(9)
The new Mini 210 design provides a modern, streamlined aesthetic with a sleek upswept back and is available in five colors - sweet purple, charcoal, crimson red, luminous rose and ocean drive.
The Mini 210 also features HP QuickWeb 3.0,(4) allowing users to be more productive by connecting to the web within seconds of powering the mini. QuickWeb 3.0 includes a customizable widget dashboard and syncs to Windows® bookmarks. Users can chat with friends on Skype, update Facebook posts or tweets, and view their social calendars all in one place.(1)
Innovative technologies for enhanced consumer experiences
The sleek, full-performance HP Pavilion dv4 features improved HP CoolSense technology that includes a simplified user interface of on, off and auto. CoolSense uses advanced hardware and intelligent software for a notebook that feels noticeably cooler. Weighing under 5 pounds,(2) the dv4 boasts a 14-inch diagonal HD LED BrightView screen(3) and comes in two HP Imprint colors - espresso black and pacific blue.
Also featuring HP CoolSense technology is the award-winning HP ENVY 14 notebook PC. Combining power, mobility and aesthetics, the ENVY 14 includes new second-generation Intel Core processors, USB 3.0 and a new HP imagepad that uses image sensor technology for advanced gesture support and more fluid control. The premium machine boasts a precision-etched metal alloy case with a 14.5-inch diagonal, HD BrightView Infinity LED display(3) for an eye-popping viewing experience and Beats Audio for fuller, more detailed sound.
Protecting personal information and simplifying password management is easy with HP SimplePass with One Time Password, now available on the HP Pavilion dm4, dv6 metal and dv7 metal notebook PCs. HP SimplePass helps prevent phishing fraud by providing unique "one-time" passwords that are linked to each individual user's fingerprint. These one-time passwords, generated every 60 seconds, grant more secure access to websites that store financial information.(1)
Docking and display solutions for a customized workspace
The new HP 2560p Docking Station makes it easy for business professionals to maintain the connectivity and comfort of their notebook while working from a fixed station. The docking station offers four USB ports and eSATA, DisplayPort and VGA ports for added connectivity to peripherals and compatibility with an array of video devices.
HP's slimmest business display to date, the HP Elite L2201x display easily connects to a notebook with a single DisplayPort connector. Its sleek easel stand design and external power supply free up limited desk space in smaller office cubicles and the brushed-metal finish matches HP's EliteBook business notebooks. The HP Elite L2201x features a wafer-thin display panel measuring less than 0.4 inches thick and a 21.5-inch diagonal, LED backlit panel that eliminates the use of mercury and provides solid-state reliability.
Pricing and availability(10)
All products will be available in the United States.
o The HP ProBook 5330m starts at $799; the HP EliteBook 2560p starts at $1,099; and the HP EliteBook 2760p starts at $1,499. The HP EliteBook 2760p and 5330m are expected to be available on May 9 and the HP EliteBook 2560p is expected to be available on May 23.
o The HP Mini 210 starts at $299.99 and is expected to be available on June 15.
o The HP Pavilion dv4 starts at $599.99 and is expected to be available on May 18.
o The HP ENVY 14 starts at $999.99 and is expected to be available on June 15.
o HP DataPass pricing starts at $5, for 75 megabytes for a duration of 5 hours.
o The HP 2560p Docking Station starts at $149 and is expected to be available on May 23.
o The HP Elite L2201x starts at $249 and is expected to be available on June 1.
More information about the products, including product specifications and images, is available at www.hp.com/personal.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
(1) Internet access required and sold separately.
(2) Weight will vary by configuration.
(3) HD content required to view HD images.
(4) HP QuickWeb is accessible when the notebook is off in Windows-based systems. Internet access is required. Timing may vary depending on the system configuration. To enable the feature following the removal of the battery, reboot the notebook prior to subsequent use.
(5) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Additional information is available at www.intel.com/info/em64t. Multi Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(6) Some functionality of Intel vPro, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for vPro technologies is dependent on third-party software providers. Compatibility with future "virtual appliances," Microsoft Windows Vista® and Windows 7 operating systems is yet to be determined.
(7) Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 capability. Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. Additional information is available at www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
(8) For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. Up to 10 GB (for Vista) or 15 GB (for Windows 7) of system disk is reserved for the system recovery software.
(9) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at MobileMark07 battery benchmark:www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007.
(10) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Mike Hockey, HP (business notebooks)
+1 281 927 9379
Sheila Watson, HP (consumer notebooks)
+1 281 514 6552
Julie Smith, Edelman for HP
+1 650 762 2923
Jennie Syme, Edelman for HP
+1 650 762 2951
HP Media Hotline
+1 866 266 7272