HP Digital Learning Suite helps schools prepare students for success in education
PALO ALTO, Calif., - HP today announced the HP Digital Learning Suite along with new education solutions to help schools prepare students for greater achievement and success in education, internships and the global workforce.
The HP Digital Learning Suite brings together technology solutions to fit a variety of diverse learning environments and encourage student collaboration, interactive learning and enhanced management capabilities in the classroom.
The suite helps school districts improve student achievement with tailored solutions focused on three areas: early childhood and elementary education (pre-K-4), secondary education (grades 5-12) and blended learning environments and the cloud (pre-K-12).
"HP and our partners have a long history of transforming how we educate our youth, from K-12 all the way through higher education," said Stephen DeWitt, senior vice president and general manager, Personal Systems Group - Americas, HP. "We are bringing to life a compelling suite of education solutions and connected devices that will better prepare students for whatever environment they'll face - in school and
Among the new components of the HP Digital Learning Suite:
- HP Digital Sketch wirelessly connects to a teacher's notebook or desktop to allow control of the lesson plan while walking around the classroom.
- HP Pocket Whiteboard turns almost any classroom surface into an interactive learning space.
- HP Classroom Manager software empowers teachers and administrators to keep students on task while improving collaboration, pushing content and gaining formative assessment data to improve and differentiate instruction.
- HP MultiSeat t150 Thin Client allows up to 10 students to simultaneously share a single host computer using a simple USB connection, so schools can maximize the number of computer seats without increasing their technology budgets.
- HP Presentation Station 1000 unchains educators from a fixed teaching location by putting all of their technology tools within easy reach; teachers can move anywhere in the classroom to deliver a collaborative curriculum.
- HP 20-Notebook Charging Cart and 20- and 30-Notebook Managed Charging Carts provide easy charging and management of notebooks in the cart regardless of brand, from Mini PCs up to 15.6-inch screensize notebooks.
HP will be showcasing these products and more at the Texas Computer Education Association in Austin, Texas, Feb. 7-11.
Increasing classroom collaboration
The HP Digital Sketch wireless tablet is lightweight and compact, yet provides ample workspace for teachers to navigate the host computer. Through seamless integration with HP Scrapbook software, the HP Digital Sketch offers a dual-input feature with the tablet and the interactive stylus when connected to the HP Pocket Whiteboard. For instance, while one student is drawing in Scrapbook with the tablet, another student can simultaneously use full mouse functionality to drag in images, edit strokes
or set up a shared meeting at the board.
The low-cost HP Pocket Whiteboard takes the functionality of a standard digital whiteboard and projects it onto almost any flat surface to create up to 10 feet of diagonal workspace. It features a USB-based plug-andplay installation for fast setup. Lightweight and compact, it can easily be moved around a classroom or a school and locked for security.
A range of education software and online applications available with the HP Pocket Whiteboard makes it simple for teachers to build lesson plans, add multimedia and pull content from the internet to enhance interactivity in the classroom. For example, HP Pocket Whiteboard provides tools to project and annotate Microsoft® PowerPoint presentations.
Making teaching with technology easier and cost-efficient
HP Classroom Manager software enables interactive and collaborative learning while offering teachers the capability to monitor and manage student PCs. The versatile, easy-to-use software is cost-effective and provides teachers with the following capabilities:
- Create interactive lesson plans with shared content.
- Administer real-time quizzes, formative assessment, tests and surveys with instant reports and score tracking.
- Control and share desktop and content individually, as a group or with the entire class.
- Enhance class participation through instant alerts.
- Define and customize website and application access appropriate for the class.
The HP MultiSeat t150 thin client comes bundled with HP Classroom Manager software and includes USB ports so students can easily save their work and access files on a memory stick. When paired with the HP LE1851wt monitor, it provides an integrated "all in two" solution with a single power plug.
Creating a mobile classroom
The mobile, self-contained HP Presentation Station 1000 includes a cart, notebook arm and tray with HP dock integration hooks, document camera tray and bracket, integrated work surface, open front compartment for document storage, keyboard tray and mouse holder. Its customizable user comfort features include height adjustment for sitting or
HP 20-Notebook and 30-Notebook Managed Charging Carts charge up to 30 notebooks at the same time. They feature HP's exclusive smart charging, load-sensing technology that automatically senses and concentrates on the least-charged notebooks first, ultimately reducing the total charge time. The carts also update the notebooks through a networked connection while they're charging. An open architecture allows for a variety of notebook brands as well as screen sizes up to 15.6 inches diagonal.
With a lightweight construction, four casters for easy rolling and comfortable handles, the carts are designed to be easily moved around a classroom or school. Customizable shelves allow users to maximize space for individual needs. For example, notebooks can be charged on one side of the cart, while shelving can be removed on the other to securely store a printer or lab equipment.
Pricing and availability
Pricing options vary; education volume pricing is available.
- HP Digital Sketch is expected to be available in March.
- HP Pocket Whiteboard and HP Classroom Manager software are expected to be available this month.
- HP MultiSeat t150 is available now.
- HP Presentation Station 1000, HP 20-Notebook Charging Cart and HP 20- and 30-Notebook Managed Charging Carts are expected to be available in April.
An HP Digital Learning Virtual Tour is available at www.hp.com/go/DigitalSchool. More information about HP in education is available at www.hp.com/go/K12.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
Microsoft is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.