The new distributor network will provide superior support for Honeywell's Condition-Based Maintenance Systems (CBMS) operators around the world
LAS VEGAS - Honeywell (NYSE:HON) announced a new global network of Condition-Based Maintenance Systems (CBMS) distributors. The network agreements, effective Jan. 1, 2013, include previous CBMS distributors -- Diagnostic Solutions, Derco, Hope Aero, Eurotech, Kaigai, Master Tech, Merlinhawk, Telemeter and Vibratech -- and new distributors Beijing Andawell Science & Technology in China and Transworld Aviation in the United Arab Emirates.
The new network will provide enhanced worldwide coverage with the added benefits of onsite or local technical support; native language support for sales, field service and training; and troubleshooting of Honeywell's CBMS solutions. New network offices are open in China and United Arab Emirates, with other local offices planned for the United Kingdom and Australia. In-region distributor support is also offered in multiple locations in the Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia and U.S.
Honeywell's distributors offer a full product line of CBMS equipment, including Zing® Health and Usage Monitoring (HUMS) onboard systems, Zing® Test portable/carryon equipment and Zing® Ware software. Each distributor is Honeywell factory-authorized and has in-depth knowledge of helicopter operations as well as technical and customer service experience to help customers determine which Honeywell CBMS product offers the best value for an operator's business needs.
How Condition-Based Maintenance Systems Benefits Helicopter Operators
Honeywell's CBMS products, such as Zing® HUMS, provide helicopter operators with a range of diagnostic tools to help keep their aircraft at optimum operating condition. Zing HUMS is a scalable system of sensors that monitors vibration and captures specific health and usage data on critical components and suggests maintenance procedures before a mechanical failure. This helps increase safety and aircraft availability, reduces maintenance man-hours and parts costs, while ultimately increasing helicopter availability.
- Ahmed Jamal, General Manager Business Development, Transworld Aviation "As one of the region's largest aviation distributors, we are delighted to be partnering with Honeywell in the Middle East and Africa. This distribution agreement will enable Honeywell to shorten lead times on component orders and reduce turnaround times for repairs, ensuring customer order requests and queries are dealt with in a timely manner."
- Hiroo Shimada, EVP & COO, Kaigai Corp. "Kaigai has been the distributor of Honeywell and Bendix/King Avionics since 1967. Our Honeywell-certified technical service center is approved by the Japanese government. Our customers have been satisfied with our technical support provided in the native Japanese language and quick turn time."
- Dana Ladd, Hope Aero Propellers & Components Inc. "Hope Aero has been a distributor of Zing(®) HUMS products since 2000. Our employees are trained and able to assist the customer in their own language."
- Amy Bubon, Program Manager, Diagnostic Solutions International "Diagnostic Solutions International is committed to go far beyond the sale of HUMS hardware and software products to provide expert product support, training, system installation, data analysis and STC development services. We are enhancing our commitment to customers by increasing our support and services base to support multiple time zones. In addition to our main base in California, and regional offices in Australia and Colombia, DSI will be opening regional offices in Manila, Philippines and the United Kingdom."
- Steve Alahakone, Managing Director, Merlinhawk "Merlinhawk is distributor of Zing® HUMS products in South Asia, Southeast Asia, Russia and India. To expand and cement our commitment to India, we are building a brand new facility outside Bangalore. Our experienced personnel are the bedrock of our organization."
- Beijing Andawell Science & Technology Co. Ltd "Andawell has been a licensed Honeywell B&GA Sales and Service Center in China, and was awarded the 2012 Business and General Aviation Distinguished Service Award by Honeywell for our outstanding aftermarket avionics support during the past five years. We are pleased to be a Honeywell Zing® HUMS Distributor in China."
- Nicolas Demonein, Director of Sales, Vibratech "Our keyword is service. Our entire team puts its passion in the distribution of Zing® HUMS/CSBMS products, with 24/7 international AOG assistance, advice and follow-up."
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit http://aerospace.honeywell.com or follow us at @honeywell_aero on Twitter.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2013 Honeywell.
Honeywell Aerospace Media Center
Web Site: http://www.honeywell.com