New: Buy Now on Thomas and Pay Over Time with Credit Key   Learn More

Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Selects Oracle as Its Global IT Provider


Global Logistics Company to Implement Multiple Oracle Solutions Over the Next Four Years

London 09-JAN-2008 03:39 PM
Oracle today announced that it has been selected by Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, a leading international logistics firm, as its global Information Technology (IT) systems provider. Oracle software will replace Hellmann's existing complex legacy systems and provide the backbone behind a global business transformation programme.
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics operates shipping and freighting services from 341 cities of 134 countries and has 15,000 dedicated employees to serve customers worldwide. With its strong global presence and customer-focused services, Hellmann sought a provider that understands logistics and supply chain management. Oracle was selected to provide an integrated, flexible and robust IT system to enable Hellmann's employees to focus on customers' needs and reduce the IT and administrative duties.

Over the past 10 years, Hellmann had adopted and developed its own IT systems because there were limited systems that could meet its demands. Although its systems were functional and complete, they were not tightly integrated which meant customer data had to be integrated manually. As Hellmann's business grew, so did the complexity of its IT system. The IT department spent 80 percent of its time keeping the system running and had only the remaining 20 percent of man hours to innovate and improve the system. J Burger, CIO, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics said, "From the start Oracle was sharp, responsive and showed a clear commitment to understanding and serving our business. Its focus on the customer was very much like our own, which made them a good fit for our business. Not only that, Oracle's applications in comparison to the solutions we reviewed allow greater configuration and show excellent flexibility. They also provide integration of the transportation value chain through their use of open standards."

During the initial four-year project, Hellmann will deploy the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Transportation Management, Oracle Database and components of Oracle Fusion Middleware. Initially, the focus for deploying the technology will be on customer facing operations, which include: customer data integration, sales process, contract management and finance.

Christian von Stengel, Senior Director Sales, Oracle EMEA said, "Through strategic acquisitions, Oracle has further extended its market-leading supply chain management capabilities, helping customers in all industries address critical logistics and information requirements across global supply chains. Over the next four years, we will be committed to deploying the various Oracle technologies and seamlessly migrating Hellmann's existing data, allowing Hellmann to focus on building its success."

"The new integrated system will provide us with improved and faster management of information. We will have easily accessible information to customer data, allowing us to respond quicker and efficiently to their needs and requests," said J?Burger. "The future for Hellmann is using the technology to standardise our processes, which will enable us to benchmark and compare performance across the business."

About Oracle
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest enterprise software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at www.oracle.com.

Marc Sparrow
CMG for Oracle
+44.20.7067.0480
msparrow@cmgrp.com

Jessica Moore
Oracle
+650.506.8741
jessica.moore@oracle.com

More from Electronic Components & Devices

All Topics