Press Release Summary:
Capable of multi-stream HD/SD video transcoding, decoding, and encoding, XCodeHD(TM) 3390 employs 400 MHz dedicated application processor and offers multiple integrated peripherals as well as interconnects. Options are available for full decode/full encode transcode or Smart XCode(TM) modes, with latter adding benefit of dynamic switching between modes to provide optimal video transcoding quality. Other features include integrated security and XCode Xtensiv(TM) software suite.
Original Press Release:
ViXS Releases a New HD Video Processor SoC: XCodeHD(TM) 3390
High Performance Single Chip HD Transcoder/Encoder/Decoder product
TORONTO, Sept. 2 -- ViXS Systems Inc., the leader in highly innovative and advanced networked multimedia solutions, announced today that a new High Performance Transcoder/Encoder/Decoder System on a Chip (SoC) product, the XCodeHD(TM) 3390 is now available for existing and new customers. The XCodeHD(TM) 3390 is an enhanced functioning follow-on IC to the highly successful XCode(R) 3290, the world's most advanced MPEG4 AVC (MPEG4 Part 10/H.264) Transcoder/Encoder/Decoder SoC which is currently being used by numerous consumer electronics (CE), Set Top Box (STB), Personal Computer (PC) and broadcast equipment manufacturers.
The new ViXS XCodeHD(TM) 3390 IC is targeted at applications such as Cable STBs, IPTV STBs, Personal Video recorders (PVRs), Place-shifting devices, Digital Televisions (DTVs), Blu-Ray PVR/Recorders, Home Media Servers and Home Networked Attached Storage (NAS) devices. It also provides improved application processing power over the previous XCode(R) 3290, allowing customers to run more applications and faster. Like the current XCode(R)3290 that is shipping today in multiple high volume applications, the XCodeHD(TM) 3390 has the option for a full decode/full encode transcode or a Smart XCode(TM) mode with the added benefit of dynamic switching between the modes providing the best video transcoding quality and flexibility available in a SoC today. ViXS Systems is currently the only company shipping this level of flexibility to its customers today.
The XCode(TM) HD 3390 SoC provides the following:
-- Multi-stream HD/SD Video Transcoding, Decoding and Encoding:
- Full Decode / Full Encode Transcode mode
- Smart XCode(TM) mode
- Support for MPEG4 AVC, MPEG4 Part 2, MPEG2, HD-AVC, HDV
- Transrating : Bit-rate Reduction, Resolution Reduction and Format Conversion on the fly
- High-speed Transcoding up to 12x faster than real-time
- Support for simultaneous HD Transcoding + HD Decoding or HD Encoding
- Support for iPhone, iPOD Touch, iPOD, PSP and other portable device formats
- Support for audio decoding and encoding
- Support for multiple audio formats
-- Mirror Transcoding / Encoding
- HD/SD simultaneous support
-- 400 MHz Dedicated Application Processor:
- Up to 1000 DMIPS of available processing power
-- Multiple Integrated Peripherals:
- Dual Ethernet, Dual SATA, Dual USB 2.0
-- Multiple Interconnects:
- PCI, PCIe, Host Bus Interface (HBI), UART
- DDR2 Memory and NAND Flash
-- 2D Graphics
- Accelerated Bitblt and Color Fill
- Multi-Plane support
- Full HD Text and Graphics
- Graphics embedded via transcoding/encoding, e.g. watermarking, logo insertion, etc.
-- Fully integrated security:
- CableLabs OCAP(TM) qualified Cable Card (M-Card), Smart Card and DVB Common Interface (DVB-CI)
- Multiple Encryption and Decryption Engines
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) / Conditional Access (CA) / Content Protection (CP) support
- Transcryption between CA's / CP's / DRM's
-- Includes XCode Xtensiv(TM) software suite to help build exciting new applications:
- ViXS DLNA Media Server Version 1.5 with DTCP
- ViXS DLNA Client Version 1.5 with DTCP
- PVR Stacks
- Tuner Stacks
- Networking Stacks
- Analog Decoder & Demodulator Libraries
- DVD & Blu-Ray Disc authoring
- Linux WebKit
- Linux Web Server
- ViXS Media Player
"We are excited about releasing this new product, the XCodeHD(TM) 3390, a powerful video processing SoC with the ability to provide our customers with industry leading audio/video features to help differentiate their products from the competitors," said Sally Daub, President and CEO of ViXS Systems. "The XCodeHD(TM) 3390 showcases once again the video innovations that ViXS Systems is known for and helps solidify its leadership in the video processing semiconductor industry."
The XCodeHD(TM) 3390 is currently available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about pricing.
About ViXS Systems Inc.
ViXS Systems Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company enabling advanced video processing technologies for top-tier Consumer Electronic (CE) and Set-top (STB) companies. The company has developed advanced video codecs for processing, managing, protecting and distributing broadcast-quality video. ViXS supplies IC solutions to the world's top OEMs and ODMs for a variety of designs such as IPTV/cable set-top boxes, multimedia PC boards, digital TVs, PVRs, and Blu-ray DVD products. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, ViXS is a global company with offices located worldwide. For more information, visit www.vixs.com.