Press Release Summary:
- Works at low to medium speeds (<500 rpm) it makes ideal for mixing low to medium viscosity (<1000 cp) material in direct drive mode
- Radial piston air motors uses not much compressed air than rotary vane motors and it can upgrade from rotary vane to radial piston agitation in just few minutes
- Electric agitator motors are five times more efficient than pneumatic agitators and low sound motors
Original Press Release:
Graco Launches New Radial Piston Air Motors for Industrial Paint Kitchens
New agitator motors use up to 50 percent less air than comparable rotary vane motors
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Graco Inc. (NYSE:GGG), a leading manufacturer of fluid handling equipment, has expanded its line of paint agitators to include radial piston air motor driven agitators. Tested extensively in different conditions in the lab and the field, the new radial piston air motor typically uses 30 to 50 percent less compressed air than comparable rotary vane motors at low to medium speeds.
“Compressed air represents the highest energy cost for many factories, so lowering compressed air use can mean significant savings,” said Henry Zeng, Graco Product Marketing Manager for the Industrial Products Division. “Agitator motors usually use the most air of any industrial paint kitchen equipment. This makes agitator efficiency a top way to conserve air and save money.”
Graco’s radial piston air motor works most efficiently at low to medium speeds (<500 rpm). This makes it ideal for mixing low to medium viscosity (<1000 cp) material in direct drive mode.
“Our field test units continue to perform well – without failure – through millions of rotations,” said Zeng. “Field and lab tests also show that the radial piston air motor does not need air line lubrication, which eliminates many potential issues air line lubrication may cause.”
Graco’s complete line of agitators is backed by its commitment to deliver A+ Service to every customer, every time. Agitator motor options include the following:
- Rotary vane air motors are known for durability and low initial cost. The pneumatic motors run the most efficiently at medium to high speeds.
- Radial piston air motors use much less compressed air than rotary vane motors. Drop-in replacement makes it easy to upgrade from rotary vane to radial piston agitation in minutes.
- Electric agitator motors are up to five times more efficient than pneumatic agitators and have the quietest motors.
For more information about Graco agitators and other industrial paint kitchen accessories, contact your local Graco Finishing Distributor or go to www.graco.com/finishing.
Graco Inc. supplies technology and expertise for the management of fluids and coatings in both industrial and commercial applications. It designs, manufactures and markets systems and equipment to move, measure, control, dispense and spray fluid and powder materials. A recognized leader in its specialties, Minneapolis-based Graco serves customers around the world in the manufacturing, processing, construction and maintenance industries. For additional information about Graco Inc., please visit us at www.graco.com or on Twitter @GracoInc.
Carrie Cotch, 612-623-6460