Press Release Summary:
UNICASE(TM) Helical In-Line Gearboxes, from models SK 02 through SK 53, are available in 6 case sizes as single-reduction to sextuple-reduction drives, in foot or flange mounted units. They operate at up to 98.5% efficiency and offer torque up to 19,744 lb-in. Power ranges from .16 to 30 HP; output speeds are from 1 to 986 rpm; and gear ratios range from 1.24:1 to 14340.31:1. One-piece housing eliminates oil leakage and contamination.
Original Press Release:
NORD Gear's NEW Increased Capacity UNICASE(TM) Helical In-Line Gearboxes Raise Output Torque By Up To 47%
Waunakee, WI - NORD Gear Corporation announces the release of a NEW Increased Capacity Series of UNICASE(TM) Helical In-Line Gearboxes. This redesigned series provides the superior performance of NORD's current helical in-line products, while offering a significant torque increase - in some cases, by up
to 47%. This increase in capacity has been achieved by specifically selecting roller bearings with a higher load capacity and by using higher-grade materials. There are no dimensional or gear ratio changes; therefore, engineering changes are not required by the customer in order to use these increased capacity units.
Increased Capacity UNICASE(TM) Helical In-Line Gearboxes - from models SK 02 through SK 53 - are available in 6 case sizes. All sizes are offered by NORD as single-reduction to sextuple-reduction drives in either foot or flange mounted units. They all operate at up to 98.5% efficiency and offer a torque up to
19,744 lb-in. Power ranges from .16 to 30 HP; output speeds from 1 to 986 rpm; and gear ratios range from 1.24:1 to 14340.31:1. This new line of NORD gearboxes is ideal for numerous conveying, material handling, water and wastewater applications.
These Increased Capacity UNICASE(TM) Helical In-Line Gearboxes continue to utilize all standard NORD design and construction advantages, which do include:
- A UNICASE(TM) one-piece housing that eliminates oil leakage/contamination and gear alignment problems common to drives with split casings or bolt-on covers... therefore prolonging both gear and bearing life,
- A Quadrilip(TM) oil sealing system that prevents leaking and protects inner seal-lip from external damage,
- Autovent sealing that keeps gearbox oil cleaner and extends lubrication life,
- Low noise, low maintenance, high durability gearing designed to AGMA CLASS 13 standards,
- A standard NORD protective finish that is not exactly a paint, but a resin coating mixed with 316 stainless steel....offering 40% greater impact resistance.
NORD Gear Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer of high-quality drive components and systems. NORD Gear makes its wide range of products easily available through a global network that provides all customers with prompt delivery and expert support services.
For more information about NORD Gear's Increased Capacity UNICASE(TM) Helical In-Line Gearboxes and other speed reducer or gear products, please contact:
NORD Gear Corporation
800 NORD Drive, P.O. Box 367
Waunakee, WI 53597
(888) 314-6673 or (608) 849-7300
Fax (800) 373-6673