Press Release Summary:
Intended for laboratory testing of fiber samples, Metso FS5 enables pulp and paper mills to unlock true value potential of raw material for optimum end product quality. Unit is capable of analyzing up to 100 samples per 8-hour shift, and fiber dimension results are traceable to SI unit. With automatic consistency adjustment, samplesÃ‚Â can be inserted without special preparation, eliminating operator error. Analyzer features automatic self-cleaning and requires no on-site calibration.
Original Press Release:
New Metso Fiber Image Analyzer Offers Pulp and Paper Makers Unparallel Technology for Optimizing Process and Product Quality
The new Metso Fiber Image Analyzer (Metso FS5) expands the horizons of laboratory testing fiber samples, enabling pulp and paper mills to unlock the true value potential of their raw material for optimum end product quality. Enhanced accuracy, reliability and speed of fiber measurement offer a variety of possibilities for improved competitiveness thanks to better control of raw material treatment and quality.
“Metso FS5 incorporates the latest technology development in fiber imaging and image processing. The improved optical measurement capability allows pulp and paper makers to see more from the fibers, while the advances in the image processing creates the possibility to extract new features,” says Jukka Nokelainen, Business Manager, Metso Automation.
“The Metso FS5 is the result of more than 30 years of experience with automated fiber property measurements and fully meets the requirements of the ISO 16065-2 standard. It is suitable for a broad variety of pulp types and fibers and is designed for routine pulp and paper mill laboratory testing as well as laboratory research use,” adds Tuomo KÃ¤lkÃ¤jÃ¤, Product Manager, Metso Automation.
Metso FS5 offers several features for more efficient laboratory testing at pulp and paper mills:
• Easy to use, no lengthy training needed.
• Up to 100 samples easily per 8-hour shift. The increased analysis speed is enhanced by automatic consistency adjustment, allowing samples to be inserted without any special preparation, effectively eliminating operator error.
• The analyzer is individually customizable, equipped with only the selected measurements and easily programmable for customized analysis and reporting.
• The fiber dimension results from the analysis are traceable all the way back to the most used standardized length unit in the world – the SI unit.
• Testing on the spot in the laboratory or control room is fast, accurate, reliable and easy with an intuitive touch-screen display.
• Maintenance requirements are minimal, and automatic self-cleaning ensures maximum availability at all times.
• FS5 requires no on-site calibration. Every high definition module is calibrated at Metso’s Kajaani production center with an accredited calibration tool.
The Automation segment’s process automation and flow control solutions meet the growing needs of Metso’s customer industries to improve production process efficiency as raw materials and energy sources become scarcer and their costs increase. Our global network of service experts delivers business solutions to our customers that improve their productivity, lower risks and optimize costs. www.metso.com, www.twitter.com/metsoautomation
Metso is a global supplier of technology and services to customers in the process industries, including mining, construction, pulp and paper, power, and oil and gas. Our 30,000 professionals based in over 50 countries deliver sustainability and profitability to customers worldwide. Expect results. www.metso.com, www.twitter.com/metsogroup
For further information, please contact:
Tuomo KÃ¤lkÃ¤jÃ¤, Product Manager, Tel. +358 50 317 0803, email@example.com
Jukka Nokelainen, Business Manager, Tel. +358 40 028 4150, firstname.lastname@example.org