Press Release Summary:
Supporting outdoor equipment, super lightweight equipment pads feature expanded polystyrene (EPS) core surrounded onÂ 5 sides by fiber reinforced lightweight cellular concrete. Top surface with pebble texture keeps equipment from sliding, whileÂ 24–40 in.Â sizes withÂ 2–2.5 in. thicknesses transfer weight evenly to soil or gravel below while also preventing standing water from forming below. Pads resist cracking/breaking, impact, bending, vibration, weathering, termite/chemical attack, and fire.
Original Press Release:
New Super Lightweight Cellular Concrete Equipment Pads
(Houston, TX) New super lightweight equipment pads now are available from Cresco Concrete Products, LLC. These new pads feature an expanded polystyrene (EPS) core surrounded on five sides by fiber reinforced lightweight cellular concrete. Cellular concrete is made by introducing a non-toxic chemical foaming agent into a regular concrete mix leaving numerous discrete air pockets within the mix. It has the general appearance of regular dense concrete but is much lighter in weight. These new pads add to the current lineup of dense and lightweight cellular concrete (no EPS core) pads.
Equipment pads are designed to support outdoor equipment. They keep equipment from sliding, transfer weight evenly to the soil or gravel below and prevent standing water from forming below equipment.
Applications for these super lightweight equipment pads include the following:
• Air conditioner compressor and condensing units
• Generators (all sizes, models and brands including Generac, GE, Kohler and Briggs & Stratton)
• Gas bottles
• Hot water heaters
• Pool equipment
• Pump and filter equipment
• Uninterruptable power supply units (all sizes, models and brands including APC, Eaton and Emerson)
Standard pad sizes range from 24” to 40” with thicknesses of 2” to 2.5”. Top surfaces have a pebble texture to keep equipment from sliding. Custom solutions are available in dense, lightweight and super lightweight options. Virtually any size, shape and thickness can be accommodated and pad features can include cutouts, threaded inserts and company logos.
The benefits of these new super lightweight concrete pads include the following:
• Pads are 85% lighter than conventional concrete pads resulting in easier handling and lower transportation costs
• Faster, easier and cheaper to install than a poured in place concrete pad
• Provides an even mounting surface
• Available in many standard sizes and any custom size
• Cellular concrete surfaces are hard and durable
• High fiber content in cellular concrete shell allows pad to flex resisting cracking or breaking
• EPS foam core makes it more resistant to impact and bending
• Pad material resists vibration and reduces noise generation
• Strong pad offering excellent strength to weight ratios
• Resistant to UV radiation, weathering and high ambient temperatures
• Aerated concrete surface structure has superior freeze thaw resistance
• Resistant to attack by termites
• Will not harbor insects and vermin
• Resistant to weed wacker damage
• Drills easily and bolts readily
• Resistant to chemical attack and fire
• Lightweight pads are less likely to sink into the soil over time
• Textured top surface keeps equipment from sliding
• Height keeps equipment above any standing water reducing the possibility of rusting and equipment failure
• Meets municipal code requirements
“Our super lightweight pads flex without cracking and are better able to accommodate uneven surfaces” says Peter Thompson, Cresco’s Technical Advisor.
Cresco Concrete Products, LLC manufacturers its products from its facility in Houston, Texas and ships nationwide. The company’s products include the revolutionary Liteblok™ mortarless, interlocking building block, Litecast™ and Premocrete™ precast concrete fencing, pier and wall caps, parking stops, insulating skirting panels, fastening systems and stucco and paint alternatives. Cresco also offers cast stone products including accent blocks, address blocks, address markers, balustrades, bollards, columns, crown molding, entry ways, fireplaces, headers, keystones, mantels, pavers, planters, pool coping, signs, vent blocks, water tables, window surrounds and windowsills.
Additional information about Cresco’s products can be obtained by contacting the company or visiting its website at CrescoConcrete.com.