Every day, wherever we go, we are exposed to minute amounts of environmental radiation.
Environmental radiation, also known as natural radiation, is emitted continuously, day and night, from various objects and substances in the natural world and our living environment such as radiation emitted from space, soil, stones, the ground and the air, as well as from manmade objects such as concrete and buildings. Most environmental radiation consists of three types: alpha rays (a), beta rays (ß) and gamma rays (y).
The PA-1000 "Radi" Environmental Radiation Monitor makes it easy for non-specialists to measure even minute levels of gamma rays.
The Radi can measure radiation levels ranging from normal natural radiation to levels 100 to 200 times that intensity.
Even non-specialists will find it easy to accurately measure radiation of 0.001 - 9.999 ¥ìSv/h.
• Easy measurement by Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere
• Designed with plant-based plastic material helping to reduce petroleum consumption
• High performance detection with a CsI (TI) scintillator
• Splash-resistant construction: The Radi can be used with confidence even if there are water droplets on the surface. (JIS water resistance protection grade IPX4)
• Compact and lightweight (175 g / 6.2 oz)
• Uses two AA batteries: Battery life 50 hours or more (when manganese dry cell batteries are used)
Note: This unit is designed only to measure the quantity of radiation at the measurement location. It does not determine the safety or danger posed by that quantity of radiation.
If you would like more information, please call:
Sherri B Thompson