Press Release Summary:
BlueCherryÂ® Infinity comprehensive and modular business system utilizes Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Microsoft .NET technologies, enabling it to scale to any size business. It provides ERP, PLM, supply chain management, shop floor control, warehouse management, ecommerce, sales force automation, BI, and EDI capabilities. Microsoft Office-like interface integrates search and data retrieval tools along with configurable dashboards, menus, forms, and reports.
Original Press Release:
CGS Raises the Bar for Enterprise Software with Launch of All New BlueCherry® Infinity
CGS announces general availability of its new BlueCherry Infinity enterprise software solution for the fashion and soft-goods industries. The new, more comprehensive and modular business system leverages the latest Microsoft technologies to extend system capabilities, enhance the user experience, reduce cost of ownership and improve scalability and security while increasing productivity and accelerating benefits for its clients.
NEW YORK, Sept. 16 / / - Computer Generated Solutions Inc. (CGS) (http://www.cgsinc.com/) today unveiled its all new BlueCherry Infinity enterprise software solution at a special launch event held at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in Manhattan. A massive, three-year long research and development effort - supported by thousands of person-days - delivered a completely redesigned system that significantly advances the capabilities and benefits of the company's award-winning flagship product. BlueCherry Infinity leverages the latest in Microsoft technology to deliver what early adopters have described as the most robust and user-friendly business solution ever created for the fashion and soft-goods industry. Following intensive internal testing and initial client implementations, the new software is now available for general delivery in either on-premise or hosted software-as-a-service (SaaS) configurations.
"We see BlueCherry Infinity as one of the most significant innovations in our 25-year history," said Phil Friedman, president and CEO of CGS. "We took a different approach. While many companies have cut their R&D budgets in this challenging environment, we have invested heavily to enhance our products. After witnessing the early market reaction to the new release, we are confident that we are now uniquely qualified and positioned to help our rapidly expanding customer community to succeed well into the future."
BlueCherry Infinity has been redesigned from the ground-up around a new, more robust and scalable system architecture. It employs the latest database technology (Microsoft SQL Server 2008) and development framework (Microsoft .NET) to drive greater productivity and value for clients through a superior user experience, lowest-in-class total cost of ownership (TCO) and accelerated time-to-benefit.
Key additions and enhancements found in BlueCherry Infinity include:
- Comprehensive Solution: BlueCherry Infinity extends the functional capabilities of earlier releases by delivering the most comprehensive set of industry-specific, concept-to-consumer capabilities available in a single, modular business solution, including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP); Product Lifecycle Management (PLM); Supply Chain Management (SCM); Shop Floor Control (SFC); Warehouse Management (WMS); E-Commerce; Sales Force Automation (SFA); Business Intelligence (BI); and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Superior User Experience: BlueCherry Infinity combines a comfortable, consistent Microsoft Office-like user interface with innovative search and data retrieval tools to improve user acceptance and productivity. Easy to configure dashboards, menus, forms, and reports allow users to design the experience that works best for them, while system-wide alerts and notifications keep everyone focused on the most important issues and enables advanced management by exception.
- Lowest Total Cost of Ownership: BlueCherry Infinity significantly reduces the time and cost associated with implementing and maintaining a business system. The new 'zero-code' configuration enables companies to tailor the system without modifying source code. To protect existing customers' investments in BlueCherry, the new release delivers one-button system upgrades, managed through an exclusive Q-Site utility. New, more robust security configuration tools allow for managing user permissions at the individual field level.
- Robust Architecture: BlueCherry Infinity utilizes multi-tier architecture to scale to any size business with unrivaled system stability. Web-based technologies streamline operations and speed transaction processing. Furthermore, BlueCherry's modular design allows companies to implement only the components needed and open API tools support quick and safe integration with 3rd-party applications.
- Latest, Best-of-Breed Technology: BlueCherry Infinity is built on the Microsoft .NET framework to deliver a secure, scalable and visually stunning experience, leveraging Microsoft Silverlight and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) to provide a graphically-rich user experience that is consistent on both the desktop and over the web. The Microsoft SQL Server database delivers affordable performance and scalability while the new system supports both 32- and 64-bit technology.
"CGS is a pioneer in leveraging today's most advanced Microsoft technologies to deliver enterprise-class line-of-business solutions," noted Microsoft principal architect evangelist John Pelak. "BlueCherry represents one of the most powerful, customizable and user-friendly business applications on the market today."
BlueCherry customers also benefit from the largest and most active ERP user community in the soft-goods industry, including the BlueCherry Customer Advisory Council (CAC), BlueCherry University (BCU) and both vendor-sponsored and independent BlueCherry user-groups.
For twenty-five years, CGS has enabled global enterprises, regional companies and government agencies to drive breakthrough performance through technology. With global delivery capabilities, expertise across leading platforms and deep experience in multiple industries, CGS has become the IT partner of choice for thousands of organizations worldwide. CGS delivers a wide array of proprietary and third-party business applications, technology and business services, outsourcing solutions and learning & communications platforms. Headquartered in New York City, CGS maintains a worldwide presence with 20 offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information please visit http://www.cgsinc.com/.
BlueCherry is a registered trademark, and BlueCherry Infinity is a trademark of Computer Generated Solutions, Inc.
Microsoft, Office, .NET, SQL Server, and Silverlight are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Source: Computer Generated Solutions Inc.