Press Release Summary:
Configured with one-cord design that facilitates setup and removes cable clutter, HP Compaq 6000 Pro All-in-One Business PC is powered by choice of IntelÂ® Core(TM) 2 Duo processors and incorporates 21.5 in. diagonal full HD LED backlit LCD screen with dual display capability. Videoconferencing collaboration tools and all necessary supporting hardware therefore are integrated. ENERGY STARÂ®-qualified unit runs WindowsÂ® 7 and delivers multiple connectivity and performance options.
Original Press Release:
HP Unveils Its First Enterprise-class All-in-One PC
PALO ALTO, Calif. - HP today introduced its first all-in-one PC as part of the enterprise-class HP Compaq 6000 Pro family, which offers customers proven performance and reliability in an easy-to-use, space-saving design that features integrated collaboration tools.
Ideal for mid-market, corporate and enterprise environments, the new HP Compaq 6000 Pro All-in-One Business PC delivers powerful performance, high-definition (HD) visuals and energy-saving features that are consistent with the HP Compaq 6000 Pro series PC line. Its one-cord design ensures easy, out-of-the-box setup and serviceability, removes cable clutter and provides a more functional workspace in office cubicles and shared environments.
"Our first enterprise-class all-in-one was designed with the reliability, security, manageability and stability our customers expect from the HP Compaq 6000 Pro series," said Alan Reed, vice president and general manager, Desktop PCs, Personal Systems Group, HP. "The 6000 Pro All-in-One offers a great mix of performance, integrated features and sleek design for no-compromise computing at a great price."
Full-function performance, serviceability and built-in security
The HP Compaq 6000 Pro All-in-One boasts impressive performance features, including a choice of Intel® Core(TM) 2 Duo processors,(1)Windows® 7 Professional 32- or 64-bit operating system, up to 8 gigabytes (GB) of DDR3 memory,(2) hard drives up to 1 terabyte(3) and an optional 80-GB solid-state drive.(4) Featuring a 21.5-inch diagonal full HD LED backlit(5) HP BrightView LCD screen with dual display capability, the PC offers crisp videoconferencing for face-to-face communication, maximized through Bluetooth® wireless solutions.(4) Businesses can easily produce and share digital content using the 16x Max SuperMulti optical drive and slim-tray DVD burner with LightScribe,(6) and they can take advantage of seven USB ports and an IEEE 1394 FireWire® port for easy data transfer. Additionally, the six-in-one memory card reader, optional MXM graphics and optional TV tuner offer enhanced multimedia flexibility.(4) The incorporated display port helps customers conveniently attach to a highresolution external monitor or digital signage display,(7) allowing for better multitasking and workflow. For customers who require added security, the PC also features PS/2 ports to allow users to disable USB ports on their PCs, while still using the PS/2 ports for the mouse and keyboard.
The HP Compaq 6000 Pro All-in-One offers easy access to components for simplified service and upgrades similar to the 6000 Pro series small form factor and microtower PCs. Sectioned, removable panels on the back of the chassis allow administrators to easily and efficiently service the PC without incurring additional downtime.
Businesses also can rely on remote PC access for secure hardware and software image stability through Intel Standard Manageability, reducing time spent on IT deployment. Customers receive security benefits using Face Recognition for HP ProtectTools software(8) with auto-login capabilities and the TPM 1.2-compliant embedded security chip. Internal intrusion monitoring sensors and optional HP security locks and cables help protect PCs from theft.(4)
Collaborate in interactive, shared workspaces The HP Compaq 6000 Pro All-in-One is an ideal communications portal for multiple-user access in business, healthcare and education environments, allowing users to share information, collaborate with remote colleagues and conduct virtual meetings from a single console. Designed for ultimate flexibility, including compatibility with VESA-compliant mounting solutions for wall mounts and articulating arms, the 6000 Pro All-in-One features an HD webcam, dualarray microphone and premium stereo speakers.
The PC also comes standard with a full version of the HP SkyRoom videoconferencing collaboration tool(9) - a $100 value - and is Microsoft® Office Communicator certified.(10) A trial version of HP Virtual Rooms also is available for interactive and easy face-to-face video chat.(11)
Compact design and a smaller carbon footprint
Built to deliver lower energy costs and promote a smaller carbon footprint, the HP Compaq 6000 All-in-One is ENERGY STAR® qualified, EPEAT® Gold registered and offers 89 percent energy-efficient power. HP Power Assistant software also comes standard on the PC, helping businesses maximize energy savings without interfering with end-user productivity or desktop maintenance.(12)
Packaging the PC in one box, instead of two, results in fewer waste materials and allows for reduced shipping costs.
Pricing and availability
The HP Compaq 6000 Pro All-in-One Business PC is expected to be available in the United States on July 16 with a starting price of $899.(13) The PC includes a three-year on-site limited warranty, next business day service for parts and labor, and free 24/7 telephone support as well as select HP Care Pack Services.(14)
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people,
businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP
brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software,
services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
(1) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architectureenabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. More information is available at www.intel.com/info/em64t. Dual Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers will necessarily benefit from the use of this technology. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(2) Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
(3) For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 8 GB (for XP and XP Pro), up to 10 GB (for Vista®) and up to 16 GB (for Windows 7) of disk space is reserved for the system recovery software.
(4) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(5) High-definition content is required to view HD images.
(6) Don't copy copyright-protected materials. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media. LightScribe creates a monochrome image. LightScribe media required and sold separately.
(7) An adapter may be required if the digital signage display or monitor does not have a DisplayPort video input connector.
(8) Face Recognition for HP ProtectTools requires a webcam and Microsoft Windows.
(9) HP SkyRoom requires internet access, a webcam, Microsoft operating system and a minimum of 2 GB memory.
(10) Submitted to Microsoft and pending approval
(11) Wireless access point and internet access required and sold separately.
(12) Power calculations and cost calculations are estimates. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGrid 2007 data found at www.epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary.
(13) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(14) Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on geographic location. Restrictions and limitations apply. Service starts at date of hardware purchase.
Details are available at www.hp.com/go/carepack.
Intel and Intel Core are registered trademarks of Intel Corp. in the United States and other countries. Microsoft, Windows and Vista are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. FireWire is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
© 2010 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services.
Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.