Rosemont, ILL, January 26, 2021 -- Emerson's SolaHD™ surge protective devices and power filters begin a new chapter today with the introduction of several upgraded versions that give users more ways to prevent damage to mission-critical electronics driving the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) within their facilities.
Each of the new SolaHD devices has been redesigned to provide protection against the full spectrum of voltage transients and surges that may impair operation of distribution and control panels, factory automation systems, PLCs, and other industrial and machine tool equipment. Offering simple and rugged designs with fewer points of failure, the surge protective devices and power filters combine the strongest aspects of SolaHD legacy designs with entirely new designs and features tailored to the needs of today’s processes. This was achieved through a transformation of the line that includes:
- The SolaHD STFE Elite filter combines SolaHD Tracking technology with UL Listed surge protection and the convenience of DIN mounting. It continuously tracks the input AC power line responding instantly into action upon detecting extraneous high frequency noise and high voltage transients caused by everyday events such as turning on machinery, motors, or equipment.
- To compliment the traditional STV100K (UL Type 2) metal only options, SolaHD is now offering a new smaller footprint tri-mount option, the SPD50K Surge Protective Device (UL Type 1) for branch panel and critical load applications. It can be installed via 3/4-inch NPT, DIN-Rail or bracket mount anywhere in an electrical distribution system for added design flexibility.
- In place of the discontinued STV200K surge protector, SolaHD has introduced a smaller version of its SPD200K that will now include an internal and rotary disconnect and event counter standard. It utilizes enhanced circuitry to better monitor the status of all protection modes, including neutral to ground.
- To replace the phased-out STV400K model, SolaHD has launched a new smaller version of its SPD300K that also includes an internal rotary disconnect and event counter standard. Both the SPD300K and SPD200K deliver continuous protection from damaging voltage transients and electrical noise commonly found at the service entrance or distribution panel.
- To support the water and wastewater processing industries, SolaHD has unveiled three surge protection devices or filters housed in either a NEMA 4X polycarbonate case, standalone housing or encapsulated in stainless steel pipe suitable for severe environments. The STCSLAC12036 replaces the SLAC12036LC control and signal surge, while the STCHSP121BT1RU takes the place of the HSP121BT1RU AC replacement module which can be used standalone in control applications, and the STCSS640362 supersedes the SS64036 surge suppressor.
- Finally, SolaHD has introduced 600V surge options for its SPD200K/300K and SPD50K surge protectors targeting the Canadian market applications.
Machine downtime is the single largest source of lost production, typically accounting for almost 5 percent of factory losses—although many manufacturers lose more. For example, when the cost of equipment replacement and parts, labor, maintenance, delays, sales, and production are added up, downtime can exceed $10,000 per hour. SolaHD surge protectors and power filters help maximize machinery efficiency, productivity, and longevity. Their engineering ideally compliments SolaHD's comprehensive line of power protection and power conversion solutions.
For more information visit www.solaHD.com.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure. For more information visit Emerson.com.
T (800) 621-1506
T (708) 363-6118