Press Release Summary:
Using phase-sensitive Eddy Current technology and ECP-m probe, CMI243 measures metallic coatings over ferrous substrates. Tip size aids measurement of small, odd-shaped, or rough components, while controls promote usability. Handheld instrument measures with accuracy to Â±1% and precision within 0.3%. Resolution is 0.1 Âµm, and memory can store 26,500 readings. Designed for metal finishers, gauge is suited for use on fasteners and can operate continuously on 9 V alkaline battery for 65 hr.
Original Press Release:
CMI243 Electroplating Gauge for Plated Metals Over Ferrous Substrates
The CMI243 model is a flexible and easy-to-use system designed specifically for metal finishers. The CMI243 model requires only one probe to accurately measure metallic coatings over ferrous substrates - even on small, odd-shaped, or rough surfaces. This gauge is ideal for use on fasteners.
Using phase-sensitive Eddy Current technology, this handheld instrument features user-friendly controls and measures with accuracy and precision comparable to X-ray Fluorescence equipment. To achieve a low total cost of ownership, the CMI243 eliminates the need for multiple probes, calibration standards, operator training, and ongoing maintenance.
• Advanced ECP-m Probe designed specifically for difficult metallic coating applications
• New phase-sensitive Eddy Current technology enables accuracy within ±1% & precision within 0.3%
• Single probe can measure metallic coatings, such as Zinc, Nickle, Copper, Chrome or Cadmium, on ferrous substrates
• A small tip provides for easy measurement of small, odd-shaped or rough components
• Precision: 0.3%
• Resolution: 0.01mils (0.1μm)
• Memory Capacity: 26,500 stored readings
• Eddy Current: Conforms to methods DIN 50984, BS5411 Part 3, ISO 2360, ISO 21968 (DRAFT), ASTM B499, and ASTM E376
• Units: Automatic conversion between imperial and metric with a keystroke
• Dimensions: 5 7/8” (L) x 3 1/8” (W) x 1 3/16” (D) (14.9 x 7.94 x 3.02 cm)
• Display: Three digit LCD display, 1/2” (1.27cm) character height
• Accuracy: ±1% with respect to reference standards
• Weight: 9 oz (0.26 kg) including battery
• Battery Life: 65 Continuous hours
• Battery: 9V Alkaline
If you would like more information please call: