Dynamic Storage Keeps Inventory at Your Fingertips

From small parts to large, heavy tools and dies; keeping inventory accessible and easy to locate in a compact footprint can be quite the challenge. Dynamic storage systems from Kardex Remstar allows organizations to retrieve inventory with the push of a button, increasing accuracy up to 99.9% and recovering up to 85% of currently occupied floor space. The Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module (VLM) and the Megamat RS vertical carousel, will be on display at IMTS 2012 in Chicago, IL September 10-15 in booth #W-1617 at McCormick Place.

Operating on the "goods to person principle", the Shuttle XP VLM delivers parts directly to the operator at an ergonomic height, with the push of a button. The Shuttle XP VLM is simply two large sections of racking with an extractor that runs up the center to store trays in the racking and deliver them to an access opening at the operators request. With a maximum tray capacity of 1,598 pounds per tray (246,550 pounds per unit), the Shuttle VLM manages all inventory within the machine, eliminating wasted time walking through shelves searching for necessary parts.

The redesigned Megamat RS vertical carousel is the newest edition to the extensive Kardex Remstar product line. With an improved structure the new Megamat RS vertical carousel has a weight capacity of 1,433 pounds per carrier (41,887 pounds per unit), features interchangeable carriers and multiple control options. Carriers mounted to a track rotate up and down via the shortest path to deliver stored goods to an operator. Typically operators in conventional static storage systems spend 70 percent of their time walking and searching for parts, leaving only 30 percent of their time for production. These figures are reversed in an automated storage system increasing productivity by 2/3.

Both vertical storage systems eliminate wasted space commonly found in shelving systems to recover up to 85% floor space allowing organizations to expand revenue generating activities. Equipped with pick-to-light technology, a TIC (transaction information center) is mounted at the access opening to direct the operator to the exact location to pick from displaying the part number and quantity to pick, increasing accuracy to 99.9%.

Kardex Remstar, LLC, a company of the Kardex Group is a leading provider of automated storage and retrieval systems for manufacturing, distribution, warehousing, offices and institutions. For information about our dynamic storage solutions, call 800-639-5805, visit www.KardexRemstar.com or stop by and see us in booth #W-1617 during IMTS 2012.

Kardex Remstar Media Contact:

Christina Dube, Marketing Communications Manager, 207-591-3168


Kardex Remstar, LLC

41 Eisenhower Drive o Westbrook, ME 04092 o Tel 800-639-5805 o Fax 207-854-1610 o www.KardexRemstar.com

A Member of the Kardex Group

All Topics