Dyfed-Powys Police deploys Axon's in-car and body-worn cameras backed by the digital evidence management system, Axon Evidence
LONDON and SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., June 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon (Nasdaq: AAXN), the global leader in connected law enforcement technologies, and its United Kingdom subsidiary, Axon Public Safety UK Limited, today announced Dyfed-Powys Police as the first UK police force to deploy Axon's in-car camera technology, Axon Fleet 2. The force is rolling out Axon Fleet 2 across 31 vehicles including armed response and traffic vehicles. The order for this five-year contract was received in the first quarter of 2019 and shipped in the second quarter.
The Axon Fleet 2 in-car cameras are the first of their kind in the UK and allows Dyfed-Powys police officers to download vital video evidence directly via a wireless system. The video evidence is ingested straight into Axon's digital evidence management system, Axon Evidence (Evidence.com). The system is designed to free up hours of police officer time, with instant digital upload rather than hours spent downloading and burning onto discs to store footage as potential evidence. Other benefits of Axon Fleet 2 include:
- High-definition video system with wide field of view, zoom, infrared camera for the back seat and wireless microphone integration
- Axon View XL, an intuitive mobile data terminal app for quick tagging, uploads and more on the fly
- Ability to efficiently categorize, play back and share all video alongside other digital files on Axon Evidence (Evidence.com)
- Multi-cam playback, for reviewing up to four videos, including body-worn and in-car footage, at the same time
- Best-in-class install times and quick remote troubleshooting
- Compliance with privacy regulations
"The introduction of in-car video within our fleet here at Dyfed-Powys Police means that officers now have yet another pair of eyes at scenes of road traffic collisions and other incidents, live time evidence of motoring offences and evidential footage during pursuits," says Catherine Davies, Project Manager for the introduction of Axon Fleet 2 at Dyfed-Powys Police. "This technology further improves accountability for us as a service and helps to protect our officers during often vulnerable times, when transporting prisoners and patrolling our many, many miles of road alone."
To learn more about Axon Fleet 2 visit: https://www.axon.com/products/fleet-2.
Axon is a network of devices, apps and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to protect life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 371,100 software seats booked on the Axon Network around the world and more than 217,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon Network of devices, apps and people. Learn more at https://www.axon.com.
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Axon_US
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
PR and Communications Manager