Press Release Summary:
Able to fit into x4, x8, or x16 PCIe 1.x slot, DVI2PCIe captures video from any single-link DVI, unencrypted HDMI video, VGA, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt video, or BNC/component video source. Card can capture full HD video at a 30 fps for 1080p video and supports video sources wih resolutions up to 1,920 x 1,200. Capturing video in 100% lossless quality, frame grabber has 128 MB on-board frame buffer. Based on resolution selected, capture rates vary from 30-80 fps.
Original Press Release:
Epiphan Introduces DVI2PCIe - A New Internal Capture Card DVI/VGA/HDMI Frame Grabber
Epiphan Systems Inc. announced the release of its DVI2PCIe frame grabber, a new internal capture card with a single-link DVI/VGA input. ( www.epiphan.com/products/dvi-frame-grabbers/dvi2pcie/ )
DVI, VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt Capture
DVI2PCIe captures video from any single link DVI, unencrypted HDMI video*, VGA, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt video** , or BNC/component video source and is ideal for capturing video from any monitor, projector, embedded systems , medical and scientific equipment displays in 100% lossless quality.
DVI2PCIe allows the capture of full HD video at a rate of 30 frames per second for 1080p video and video sources at any resolution up to 1920x1200 are supported.
DVI2PCIe fits into a x4, x8 or x16 PCIe 1.x slot and incorporates the same capture technologies as the acclaimed VGA2USB Pro and VGA2Ethernet external frame grabbers. Furthermore, a 128MB on-board frame buffer means not a single frame is skipped.
DVI2PCIe Key Features
- Capture from DVI, VGA, HDMI sources
- Capture from RGB/BNC, component, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt video sources using adapters, purchased separately**
- PCIe x4 form factor. Compatible with PCI Express x4, x8, and x16 slots
- Full HD 1080p capture at 30 fps
- Capture rates of 30 to 80 frames per second based on resolution selected
- Epiphan Capture Tool software included for capturing and recording video
- Easy to install and configure, software automatically optimizes settings
- Supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
- DirectShow (Windows), QuickTime (Mac OS), and Video4Linux (Linux) drivers available
- Supports 3rd party applications that accept an external video source, such as Windows Media Encoder, Adobe Premiere, Podcast Producer, and others
- Free API and SDK available for integrating into custom applications
DVI2PCIe is ideal for:
- Capturing any monitor image, including medical images, educational materials, presentations, podcasts, scientific equipment, embedded devices and other equipment
- Recording full motion HD video in 100% lossless quality
- Integrating into capture systems, streaming servers, embedded systems
Pricing and Availability
DVI2PCIe is priced at $US 999.95 and will be available through Epiphan Systems and its authorized resellers. It can be purchased at www.epiphan.com/products/dvi-frame-grabbers/dvi2pcie/
About Epiphan Systems
Epiphan Systems Inc.