TLV500E-ATSC 3.0™ 4 Tuner Receiver Demodulates ATSC 3.0 RF and Converts it to 12G/Quad 3G and 1.5G SDI or HDMI Output
San Diego, California -- DVEO®, a well respected supplier to leading telco TV/OTT and cable operators around the world, announced today that their ATSC 3.0 UHD/HD modular demodulator-receiver and decoder is a recipient of the NewBay Best of Show Award, presented at the 2018 NAB Show by TV Technology. The multichannel TLV500E-ATSC 3.0™ features ATSC 3.0 or ATSC 3.0 IP input, and 12G/Quad 3G and 1.5G SDI or HDMI output.
NewBay's Best of Show Awards are evaluated by a panel of engineers and industry experts, and are selected based on innovation, feature set, cost efficiency and performance in serving the industry. Winners receive an award for display and will be featured in TV Technology, the digital television authority, serving the broadcast, cable, production, post production, business and new media markets.
Designed for American, Canadian, and Mexican broadcasters who are moving to the new ATSC 3.0 standard, the TLV500E-ATSC 3.0 is a frequency agile modular four tuner ATSC 3.0 + 1.0 UHD/HD receiver-demodulator with an MPEG-2 (HD/SD), MPEG-4/H.264 and HEVC/H.265 decoder. It has five slots. Each slot can have an AC to DC power supply module or a tuner/decoder module. The typical application uses one AC to DC power supply and up to four tuner/decoder modules.
Each tuner/decoder module can have an RF tuner with ATSC 3.0 or ATSC 3.0 IP input. Video output is 12G/Quad 3G and 1.5G SDI digital format or HDMI, with embedded audio.
"The NewBay Best of Show Awards at NAB are now in their fifth year," said Paul McLane, NewBay managing director, content. "The program seeks to shine a spotlight on relevant innovations in technology as seen around the million-square-foot exhibit floor of the industry's top trade show. The list of 2018 winners and nominees gives real insight into where and how rapidly our media tech businesses are evolving."
"We are proud to receive the Best of Show award from NewBay and TV Technology. This is one of the most prestigious awards in the industry," commented Laszlo Zoltan, Vice President of DVEO. "The TLV500E-ATSC 3.0 is ideal for monitoring and repurposing content. Operators can also add a module with ATSC 1.0 (8VSB) input with SDI and/or UDP/RTP IP output, for both ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 demodulation on the same system."
The TLV500E-ATSC 3.0 supports 4K decoding -- both Ultra HD (UHD) and digital cinema 4K (DCI 4K). It also supports 576i/480i, 576p/480p, 720p and 1080i/1080p.
The TLV-500E ATSC 3.0 provides FEC (BCH, CRC, LDPC) on the ATSC 3.0 or ATSC 3.0 IP input. It also features ATSC 3.0 ROUTE (Real-Time Object Delivery over Unidirectional Transport) and MMTP (MPEG Media Transport Protocol) support.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
- Receiver/Decoder with up to 4 tuner/decoder modules
- Supports FEC (BCH, CRC, LDPC) on ATSC 3.0 and IP input
- Each tuner/decoder module can have the following inputs:
- One ATSC 3.0 input
- IP: STL and ALP Ethernet input
- Can also support one ATSC 1.0 (8VSB) input instead of the ATSC 3.0 input
- Outputs for each module are:
- Up to 4 SDI outputs in 12G/12G/1.5G/1.5G or Quad 3G (2SI or Square division) with embedded audio (SMPTE-2082, SMPTE-292M, SMPTE-299M)
- Up to 4 HDMI 2.0 4K/60P outputs with embedded audio
- For ATSC 1.0 (8VSB) input only: Up to 4 IP outputs
- Each module has one BNC connector for AES-EBU output and TS input/output
- MPEG-2 (HD/SD), MPEG-4/H.264 and HEVC video decoder
- Dolby Digital® AC-3, HE-AAC (MPEG2 AAC-LC (13818-7), MPEG4 HE-AAC v1 (14496-3. 2003)), MPEG-1/2 and MPEG-H audio decoder
- Preview screen displays decoded output for 640x480
- Firmware upgradeable via internet
- SDI video signal with 4K,1080i video mode
- Remote management software available for Windows® 7/8/10 32/64 bit and Ubuntu® 32/64 bit
- ROUTE and MMTP support
- For ATSC 3.0 mode, Gigabit Ethernet media port on each module supports STL and ALP IP input
- For ATSC 1.0 (8VSB) mode, Gigabit Ethernet media port on each module supports one IP output and one IP input
- SNMP management support (10/100 Mbps)
- 2 lines by 40 characters LCD display
- Dual power supply option available
Suggested Retail Price:
TLV500E-ATSC 3.0 -- Single Module Unit: $9,995 U.S.
DVEO is a well established, privately held entity headquartered in San Diego, California, since 2001. DVEO develops and sells broadcast quality video encoding and streaming products, media servers and ad insertion solutions to leading Telco TV/OTT and cable operators around the world. The DVEO solutions enable multi-screen service delivery to any device, anytime, anywhere in the world. Deployment models include turnkey installations and cloud-based service delivery. All solutions are built on Linux OS and Intel Xeon-based platforms to ensure 24x7 reliability, and feature DVEO-developed software for maximum flexibility and upgradability, ensuring long term investment protection. These ultra-reliable products are matched by valuable pre-sales consultancy, outstanding post-sales service and support, and -- not least -- unusual affordability.
For more information on DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or email@example.com. To download the DVEO press releases and product images, visit the news section at www.dveo.com.
DVEO®, 11409 West Bernardo Court, San Diego, California, 92127
Web: www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-181
T 1 203 796 0571
T (708) 482-0212