Press Release Summary:
SlimDuct RD- and PD-Series are designed for multiple linesets used with variable refrigerant flow (VRF) multi-split systems. At 5 1/8 in. high and 12, 18, 24,Â or 36 in. wide, RD-Series comprises 20-gauge, roll-formed rectangular sheet metal lineset duct and fittings with anti-corrosive, scratch-resistant, hot-dipped, chromium-free ZAMÂ® coating. PD-Series UV-, fire-, and weather-resistant, ivory-colored, extruded PVC round duct comes in 3.5 and 4.7 in. diaÂ and 39 and 60 in. lengths.
Original Press Release:
RectorSeal Offers HVAC/R Industry's Only Commercial Rooftop Lineset Protection Duct
Slimduct RD-Series and PD-Series Lineset Ducting Systems offer the most aesthetic and economical method to protect multiple linesets used on HVACR equipment.
RectorSeal® Corp., Houston, a leading manufacturer and U.S. distributor of quality HVAC/R products, introduces the SlimDuct RD-Series and the PD-Series, the world's only commercial rooftop ducting and support systems that are designed exclusively for multiple linesets as used with variable refrigerant flow (VRF) multi-split systems or any other conventional air-conditioning and refrigeration systems.
The RD-Series and PD-Series are the most practical, economical, durable and professional solutions for protecting the multiple linesets commonly used on rooftop VRF systems, a mature industry in Asia which is quickly emerging in North America. Both series save more than 75-percent in labor when compared to the alternative of custom-fabricated galvanized sheet metal lineset ducting or other labor-intensive fabrications.
The RD-Series comprises 20-gauge, roll-formed rectangular sheet metal lineset duct and fittings. It features a proprietary, anti-corrosive, scratch-resistant hot-dipped and chromium-free ZAM® coating (Zinc, Aluminum and Magnesium) that provides a superior, more durable and lighter weight alternative to galvanized steel. Widths for the RD-300, RD-450, RD-600 and RD-900 are 12, 18, 24 and 36-inch respectively and all are 5-1/8-inches high. Based on a 3/8 x 3/4-inch lineset with 1/2-inch insulation on both lines, the RD-Series can accommodate the following number of linesets: RD-300 (8), RD-450 (12), RD-600 (19) and RD 900 (25).
The PD-Series is designed for smaller installations which do not warrant the larger metal lineset duct. It also serves as a transition to protect the lineset from where it exits the VRF condenser until it enters the RD-Duct. The PD-Series differs from the RD-Series in that it consists of UV, fire and weather-resistant ivory-colored extruded PVC round duct in 2 sizes only, PD-90 (3.5-inch diameter), & PD-120 (4.7-inch diameter), and is available in 39 inch & 60 inch lengths.
Because of its sleek profile, smooth surface and neutral color, the PD series is perfectly suitable for use indoors to conceal and protect unsightly exposed linesets, drain lines and cables.
Similar to the RD-Series, each size comes with a selection of fittings, 90 & 45 degree ells, couplers, tees, wall flanges, end caps and mounting brackets which can be customized to suit any lineset configuration.
Other features of the RD-Series and PD-Series include:
• According to third-party tests performed by the Building Center of Japan and Japan's Civil Engineering Research Center, the RD-Series is certified more corrosion-resistant than galvanized steel.
• Both series carry a two-year warranty.
• Both series can also be used vertically or horizontally to protect linesets associated with any air conditioning, refrigeration or industrial cooling process equipment.
• RectorSeal offers free design services through their Japanese trained technical support personnel.
• On rooftop systems when the top of the RD-Series duct (Type RWK) has to be used as walkways, a reinforced heavier gauge cover plate with a non-skid surface is available as a special order option.
• RectorSeal stocks the full range of PD-Series as well as the RD-300, RD-450, & RD-600 sizes. The RD-900 size is available only on special order.
• The RD-Series is available only through RectorSeal’s network of accredited bid/spec representatives. The PD-Series is also available through these bid/spec reps, however it is also freely available through most wholesale HVAC/R distributors.
For more information on the RD-Series and PD-Series, or to see Big Foot Systems rooftop equipment mounts, Aspen Pumps, Safe-T-Switch condensate cut-off switches, GasGuard refrigerant locking caps and RectorSeal's other engineered products call (800) 231-3345 to order the 24-page, color "RectorSeal Engineered HVAC/R Products Catalog." Visit www.rectorseal.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Rectorseal: The Rectorseal® Corporation is a leading manufacturer of chemical and specialty products designed for professional tradesmen and engineers. Steady growth over the years has been maintained through a commitment to providing high quality products and services. With a diversified business strategy, Rectorseal aggressively pursues new and unique technologies to serve the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and construction industries. The Rectorseal Corporation is devoted to providing innovative quality products supported by strong customer and technical service. For more information, visit www.rectorseal.com, email email@example.com or call (800) 231-3345.