Press Release Summary:
Model GC6016 supports 1-48 digital up and down convert channels across 4 transmit and 8 receive streams with up to 155 MS/sec composite bandwidth. It includes 38 receive low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) pairs and 40 transmit LVDS pairs, each supporting up to 1.24 GS/sec to interface with high-speed ADCs and DACs. Housed in 23 x 23 mm TE-PBGA package, software-defined product also has 48-bit numerically controlled oscillators and automatic gain control.
Original Press Release:
New Digital Up, Down Converter from Texas Instruments Drives Down Cost, Boosts Bandwidth and Sensitivity for Wireless Infrastructure, Software-Defined Radios
DALLAS - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the industry's most powerful software-defined digital up and down converter (DUC/DDC). The GC6016 supports one to 48 DUC/DDC channels across four transmit and eight receive streams with up to 155 million samples per second (MS/s) composite bandwidth at a price point of less than $65 in 1,000-unit quantities. The GC6016 is suitable for wireless applications, such as narrow and wideband 2G, 3G and 4G wireless base stations and digital repeaters, software defined radios (SDRs), MIMO transceivers and wideband digitizers. For more information and to order samples of the GC6016, visit www.ti.com/gc6016-pr.
Key features and benefits
- Features 48 digital up and down convert channels configurable for data rates as wide as 184 MS/s with 98,304 decimation and interpolation range for supporting multiple wide and narrow bandwidth signals with high channel selectivity.
- Provides fractional re-samplers, crest factor reduction, 48-bit numerically controlled oscillators (NCO) and automatic gain control (AGC) supporting up to four transmit and eight receive antennas simultaneously with multi-band and multi-mode configurations.
- Includes interfaces for up to four transmit and eight receive antennas with real or complex inputs, enabling 2x2, 2x4, 4x4 and 4x8 transmit/receive solutions while simplifying board layout and reducing cost by an order of magnitude compared to FPGAs.
- 38 receive low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) pairs and 40 transmit LVDS pairs, each supporting up to 1.24 GSPS to provide a direct interface with TI's newest and highest speed digital-to-analog converters (DACs) and analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), such as the ADS5400, ADS4149 and DAC3484.
- Integrates I/Q imbalance correction for enhanced performance of wideband complex transmit and receive signal chains, enabling lower sample rate and lower cost DACs and ADCs for wide bandwidth applications.
The GC6016 combines with TI's latest generation of low-power, high-speed, high-bandwidth ADCs and DACs to provide a new level of wide bandwidth signal acquisition and transmission with low power, high density and low cost. For example, TI's ADS4xxx family provides up to 250 MSPS of speed with 14-bits of resolution, enabling more than 100 MHz of single-channel bandwidth for less than 300 mW. The DAC3484 family offers two- and four-channel 1.25 GSPS DACs for under wideband signal transmit at less than 250mW per channel.
Tools and support
The GC6016 evaluation module (EVM) is available for $3,499. The GC6016EVM mates directly to more than 75 high speed data converter evaluation modules, including all members of the ADS6xxx, ADS54xx, ADS4xxx, DAC3xxx and DAC56xx families, for maximum flexibility during evaluation and system prototyping. Additionally, the GC6016 includes an IBIS module available for free download today.
Availability and pricing
The GC6016 is sampling in a 23-mm x 23-mm TE-PBGA package, priced at $64.95 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI's digital radio portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Download the GC6016 data sheet: www.ti.com/gc6016ds-pr.
- Ask questions, help solve problems in the RF & Digital Radio forum in the TI E2E Community: www.ti.com/e2erf-pr.
- Download the new Analog Signal Chain Guide: www.ti.com/signalchainguide-pr.
Learn more about TI's multicore solutions for a broad range of wireless infrastructure products by visiting www.ti.com/c66multicore.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be - smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do - from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.