Digital Megohmmeters offer insulation measurements up to 30 TW.
Press Release Summary:
Ideal for use on rotating equipment and machinery operating at >10 kV, Megohmmeter models 6550 and 6555 are fully automated 10,000 and 15,000 V graphical insulation testers. Able to program up to 3 step voltage profiles, units include DAR, PI, DD, ΔR, capacitance, leakage current test results, and programmable temperature correction of resistance readings. Included DataViewÂ® software configures and runs tests directly from PC and creates data analysis reports.
Original Press Release:
AEMC Introduces the New 10kV & 15kV Digital Megohmmeter Models 6550 & 6555
The Megohmmeter Models 6550 and 6555 are expert tools for testing insulation safely and accurately and ideal for use on rotating equipment and machinery operating at 10kV or higher. They are the only fully automated 10,000V and 15,000V graphical insulation testers. They provide insulation measurements up to 30,000GW (30TW ). Test results include DAR, PI, DD, ÄR, Capacitance, Leakage Current, as well as programmable temperature correction of resistance readings.
The Models 6550 & 6555 also offer the ability to program up to three step voltage profiles (from 40 to 10,000 or 15,000V - model dependent), each containing up to ten steps. They also include three ramp profiles and three programmable test voltages in addition to the standard fixed voltages of 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10,000 and 15,000V. These units have a USB interface and a data storage function, which permits storage of test results in files specific to the device under test. The included DataView® software configures and runs tests directly from a PC and creates data analysis reports.
· Wide measurement range from 10kW to 30TW
· Fixed or programmable test voltage from 40V to 10/15kV
· 5mA charging current
· Large backlit graphical LCD screen with digital display, bargraph and R(t)+v(t), i(t) and i(v) graphs
· Automatic calculation of DAR / PI / DD / ÄR (ppm/V) ratios
· Multiple test modes: voltage ramp and step with "burning", "early break" and "I-limit" modes
· Three filters to optimize measurement stability
· Temperature correction of resistance to a reference temperature
· Storage of 80,000 time stamped measurements
· Optically-isolated USB communication for transfer onto PC and report generation
· Test insulation on cables, transformers, motors, generators, insulators and wiring installations
· High resistance or absorption tests
· Spot reading tests
· Timed resistance measurements
· Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR) and Polarization Index (PI) tests
· Multi-layer insulation testing (DD)
· Test old or water damaged installations over long time periods
· Motor insulation resistance measurements
· Computer controlled production line testing
· Predictive maintenance by storing results on a PC for trend analysis with older tests
· User-selectable test voltages provide application specific testing
Kathleen Annis, Marketing Communications Manager
AEMC® Instruments - 200 Foxborough Blvd. - Foxborough, MA 02035-2872
(508) 698-2115 - (508) 698-2118 (fax) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray Brady, Technical Engineer
(800) 343-1391 (X350)