Press Release Summary:
Enabling in-house model productionÂ for dental labs, Objet30 Dental Prime supportsÂ 3 PolyJet 3D printing materials:Â VeroDentPlus (MED690)Â dark beige material;Â Clear Biocompatible (MED610) medically approved material for temporary in-mouth placement; andÂ VeroGlaze (MED620) opaque, bio-compatible material with A2 shading. High Quality mode prints modelsÂ in 16 micron layers for optimized surface finish and intricate features, while High Speed mode prints modelsÂ in 28-micron layers.
Original Press Release:
New Stratasys Compact Dental 3D Printer Combines Versatility, Affordability and Quality for Smaller Dental Labs
Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer expands digital dentistry by producing wide range of dental models and appliances on the desktop
MINNEAPOLIS & REHOVOT, ISRAEL – Stratasys, Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), a global leader of 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions, introduces the Objet30 Dental Prime, a high quality, low cost 3D printer designed to allow smaller dental labs to produce a wide range of models and appliances in-house.
While compact in size, the Objet30 Dental Prime is big in versatility, beginning with a choice of 3D print modes: High Quality and High Speed. The High Quality mode 3D prints models with superior surface finish and intricate, delicate features required for precise fittings on crown, bridge, and prosthetic models (in 16-micron layers). The High Speed mode 3D prints at accelerated speeds to produce orthodontic models and surgical guides with increased productivity (in 28-micron layers). Together, these two print modes enable smaller labs to produce a wide range of dental and orthodontic appliances in-house – changing the economies for smaller dental labs by increasing productivity, shortening delivery times and improving patient satisfaction.
The Objet30 Dental Prime’s versatility continues with a choice of three PolyJet 3D printing materials:
• VeroDentPlus (MED690) - dark beige material that offers excellent strength, accuracy and durability to create intricate models.
• Clear Bio-compatible (MED610) – medically approved for temporary in-mouth placement; essential for producing surgical guides and investment castings for chromium cobalt removable partial denture (RPD) frames.
• VeroGlaze (MED620) - opaque bio-compatible material with A2 shading designed to provide accurate color matching; ideal for veneer try-ins, diagnostic wax-ups and clear aligner trays.
By enabling smaller dental labs to produce their own models and appliances in-house, the Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer reduces the need for outsourcing and enables smaller labs to be more competitive.
“The introduction of the compact, versatile Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer continues Stratasys’ commitment to providing a variety of solutions to meet the different needs of dental and orthodontic labs, small and large. This addition to our entry-level desktop family brings superior-quality 3D printing available to all dental labs who want to provide competitive digital dentistry services to their clients,” said Steffen Mueller, General Manager, Dental Solutions at Stratasys.
Key applications for the Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer:
• Crown & Bridge Models. 16-micron layers provide a high level of accuracy and detail for crown and bridge (C&B) stone models.
• RPD Casting Patterns. Print casting patterns for removable partial dentures. Clear Bio-compatible material (MED610) can be used in the mouth and can also be investment cast for chromium cobalt RPD frames.
• Diagnostic Wax-Up. VeroGlaze (MED620) shading provides better aesthetics and is medically approved for temporary in-mouth placement, up to 24 hours.
• Surgical Guides. MED610 is the most widely used material for all 3D printed surgical guides.
• Veneer Try-In. VeroGlaze shading creates realistic veneer try-ins.
• Clear Aligners. VeroGlaze allows for cost-effective production of multiple-stage arches in the fabrication of clear aligner trays.
For more information about the Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer, contact a reseller or visit the Stratasys website. Images and a spec sheet are available by visiting the Stratasys newsroom.
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Rehovot, Israel, is a leading global provider of 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions. The company's patented FDM® and PolyJet™ 3D Printing technologies produce prototypes and manufactured goods directly from 3D CAD files or other 3D content. Systems include 3D printers for idea development, prototyping and direct digital manufacturing. Stratasys subsidiaries include MakerBot and Solidscape, and the company operates the digital parts manufacturing service, Stratasys Direct Manufacturing. Stratasys has more than 3,000 employees, holds over 800 granted or pending additive manufacturing patents globally, and has received more than 30 awards for its technology and leadership. Online at: www.stratasys.com or http://blog.stratasys.com.
Stratasys and Objet are registered trademarks, and PolyJet and Objet30 Dental Prime are trademarks of Stratasys Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Reader contact information:
• USA +1-877-489-9449
• Europe/Middle East/Africa +49-7229-7772-0
• Asia Pacific +852-3944-8888