Press Release Summary:
FabVision(TM) Solar utilizes ICOSÂ® PVI-6 data through range of analysis and monitoring features, captures wafer/cell images and data from PVI-6, and allows navigation that simplifies image review. Users can review in-line data at any point, and reports are generated automatically with optical inspection measurement results from multiple inspection modules across multiple manufacturing lines. Rules can be configured and set by proximity, defect type, and frequency of occurrence.
Original Press Release:
KLA-Tencor(TM) Announces FabVision(TM) Solar
Advanced Integrated Data Collection and Defect Analysis Software Designed to Improve Production Yields and Profitability for PV Cell Manufacturers
MILPITAS, Calif. - KLA-Tencor Corporation(TM) (NASDAQ: KLAC), the world's leading supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related industries, today introduced FabVision(TM) Solar. The new integrated solution is designed to help photovoltaic (PV) cell manufacturers improve production yield and profitability by enabling manufacturers to react more quickly to metrology and defectivity excursions. FabVision Solar leverages KLA-Tencor's ICOS® PVI-6 data through a wide range of analysis and monitoring features to provide better control and improve visibility into the manufacturing process.
"Since testing FabVision Solar with the PVI-6 tool in recent months, the speed and accuracy of our defect analysis processes has significantly improved, contributing to overall increased yield," said Wouter Verbist, process specialist at Photovoltech. "We believe this product is positioned to become a necessity for world-class solar cell manufacturers looking to increase efficiency and improve yield by quickly identifying and understanding defectivity root cause, enabling effective proactive decisions that impact bottom-line results."
FabVision Solar is a turn-key, integrated solution for PV cell manufacturing that complements customers' existing automated optical inspection strategies. With FabVision Solar, users can now identify the root cause of defectivity issues by applying production-proven defectivity and metrology methodologies from the integrated circuit (IC) and wafer markets that are designed specifically for ICOS PVI-6 tools and optimized for the solar industry. Previously the PV manufacturing market relied on time-consuming manual analysis methods.
"The introduction of FabVision Solar fills a void in the PV cell manufacturing market for real-time predictive analysis," said Jeff Donnelly, group vice president, Growth and Emerging Markets (GEM) at KLA-Tencor. "Implementing data collection, defectivity and line-monitoring best practices enables our PVI-6 tool owners to take proactive measures throughout the manufacturing process. The ability to review in-line data at any point, not just for excursions, dramatically shifts our customers toward predictive action."
FabVision Solar includes:
- Excursion/process monitoring (statistical process control): provides process control through in-line monitoring of all PVI-6 measurement parameters and alarms/email notifications on excursions
- Automated report generation: increases visibility into manufacturing process with time-based automated reporting analysis of optical inspection measurement results from multiple inspection modules across multiple fab manufacturing lines
- Detection of repeating defects and warning capabilities: enables quick reaction to excursions with configurable rules set by proximity, defect type and frequency of occurrence; and real-time alarms for email notification and on-tool warning
- Defect signature identification using multiple wafer/cell stacking: provides means to visualize defect signatures or frequently impacted wafer/cell locations for root cause understanding and action in the production line
- Eased problem identification through wafer/cell image review: captures wafer/cell images and data from the PVI-6 and allows complete review of images complemented by eased navigation through data
FabVision Solar will be on display at InterSolar Europe from June 8-10, at the New Munich Trade Fair Center in Germany. To see a product demo, visit KLA-Tencor's booth A5.337. FabVision Solar complements KLA-Tencor's large installed base of market-leading ICOS solar cell and wafer inspection tools. All inspection tools are backed by KLA-Tencor's global, comprehensive service network. For more information, please visit the FabVision Solar product web page.
KLA-Tencor Corporation (NASDAQ: KLAC), a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, photovoltaic, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 30 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found online at www.kla-tencor.com. (KLAC-P)