Press Release Summary:
Harnessing power of industrial Internet, Data-Driven Solution Suite boosts performance of GE's LM6000 aeroderivative gas turbines. On Site Power Visibility component organizes data output of each turbine, including maintenance and operational data, to assist in business decision-making. By increasing flexibility of aeroderivative gas turbine, On Site Power Performance component can help customers boost incremental power from 1–5 MW over existing level.
Original Press Release:
GE Introduces a Suite of Data-Driven Solutions for Growing Distributed Power Business
• Latest Industrial Internet Solution to Optimize Performance and Improve Efficiency for GE’s LM6000 Aeroderivative Gas Turbines
• Introducing a Suite of Performance-Enhancing Data-Driven Solutions from GE Predictivity(TM)
• The Suite was Launched Today at the Third-Annual Minds & Machines Event Where GE Emphasized Its Commitment to Create Best-in-Class Software for Industry, Designed to Lead the Next Era of Industry Transformation—Digitization—in Front of Investors, Customers and Thought Leaders
NEW YORK—GE’s Distributed Power business (NYSE: GE) has announced the launch of a suite of performance-enhancing data-driven solutions from GE Predictivity™ that harnesses the power of the Industrial Internet to boost performance of aeroderivative gas turbines. The announcement was made during GE’s Minds + Machines event in New York City as part of a new suite of software and services solutions unveiled by GE’s Chairman & CEO Jeff Immelt.
The suite of data-driven solutions seeks to optimize performance, improve uptime and efficiency and reduce life-cycle costs for GE’s LM6000 aeroderivative gas turbines, which are part of the company’s fast-growing Distributed Power business. The suite currently includes two components, each designed to address an opportunity to enhance performance:
• On Site Power Visibility organizes the data output of each aeroderivative gas turbine, including maintenance and operational data, to assist in business decision-making. Using the Industrial Internet, the turbines are connected to GE’s Remote Monitoring & Diagnostics Center to provide data to GE’s OEM experts for analysis and real-time technical support. On Site Power Visibility reduces the potential for unplanned events. It provides “predict-and-prevent” digital-based solutions to support customers’ reliability needs by leveraging remote monitoring and diagnostics. Its features include proactive updates and backups of plant-related software as well as capability to help predict component life and planned service outages.
• On Site Power Performance can increase the flexibility of an LM6000 aeroderivative gas turbine, assisting customers to boost incremental power from 1-5 megawatts (MW) over the existing level. It supports faster starting and loading and can cut full load startup time by as much as half. The new data-driven solution enables customers’ energy operations to take advantage of changing market conditions and opportunities. On Site Power Performance is an efficient way to optimize power generation, operating costs and maintenance impact through advanced analytics.
“We are thrilled to launch our new customized set of data-driven solutions at GE’s Minds + Machines event today as part of our company’s investment in commercial software and analytics,” said Stephanie Mains, vice president of services for GE Power & Water’s Distributed Power business. “We believe that GE Predictivity is a game changer for energy operations around the world. With new software and service capabilities, we can deliver greater asset speed and agility backed by real-time operational intelligence.”
The new customized set of data-driven solutions for aeroderivative gas turbines aligns to an emerging market category of data-driven software and services offerings known as Asset Performance Management (APM). APM solutions are aimed at helping asset-centric industrial companies reach breakthrough levels of performance across power generation systems by increasing availability, minimizing costs and reducing operational risks.
About GE’s Distributed Power Business
GE Power & Water’s Distributed Power business is a leading provider of power equipment, engines and services focused on power generation at or near the point of use. Distributed Power’s product portfolio includes highly efficient industrial reciprocating engines and aeroderivative gas turbines that generate 100 kW to 100 MW of power for numerous industries globally. In addition, Distributed Power offers life cycle services and support for more than 37,000 distributed power products worldwide to help customers meet their business challenges—anywhere and anytime.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Distributed Power employs about 5,000 people around the world.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
About GE Power & Water
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar, biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Power & Water’s six business units include Distributed Power, Nuclear Energy, Power Generation Products, Power Generation Services, Renewable Energy and Water & Process Technologies. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business.
Follow GE Power & Water on Twitter @GE_PowerWater and on LinkedIn. To hear the latest news and conversations for Distributed Power, use the Twitter hashtag #DistributedPower.
For more information, contact:
GE Power & Water
+43 5244 600 2382