Press Release Summary:
Available asÂ standalone solution for backing-up laptops, desktops, and mobile devices, Simpana for Endpoint Data Protection empowers organizations to reduce risk by protecting against data loss and enabling enterprise-wide compliance and eDiscovery. Solution also helps increase productivity across enterprise via self-service capabilities for data restore, secure file sharing, and advanced data analytics/reporting. Capabilities can be acquired modularly to meet each application requirements.
Original Press Release:
CommVault Launches Endpoint Data Protection to Secure, Support and Back up Mobile Enterprises
New Solution Set strengthens Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) initiatives by efficiently backing-up devices and providing secure access and self-service capabilities to the mobile workforce
TINTON FALLS, N.J. -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) today announced the launch of Simpana for Endpoint Data Protection, a new solution set designed to help protect and enable the mobile workforce by efficiently backing-up laptops, desktops and mobile devices and providing secure access and self-service capabilities.
With today's mobile workforce increasing their reliance on information saved on local endpoints and outside IT's traditional domain, the need to protect sensitive data residing on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices has become more critical than ever before. As global data breaches reach an average cost of $3.5 million in US dollars according to a study by the Ponemon Institute due to lost or unrecoverable data on employee devices, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices, organizations are beginning to embrace centrally managed platforms that can be used to simultaneously address data protection, collaboration, regulatory, and eDiscovery requirements in a secure manner.
Available as a standalone solution set to offer simplified pricing and packaging options, Simpana for Endpoint Data Protection empowers organizations to reduce cost and risk by protecting against data loss and enabling enterprise-wide compliance and eDiscovery, while increasing productivity across the enterprise through self-service capabilities for data restore, secure file sharing and advanced data analytics and reporting.
"We are excited to bring Endpoint Data Protection to market with an expanded new feature set and pricing structure that will give customers flexible options in how they want to tackle the growing challenges and complexities around data management beyond IT's traditional reach," said Rama Kolappan, senior director and head of CommVault's Mobile Business Unit. "With data breaches continuing to make headlines and wreaking havoc on corporate reputations, our new solution set is able to give organizations the 'peace of mind' knowing their data is protected while freeing employees access to information residing within IT."
CommVault's Endpoint Data Protection solution includes the following capabilities and benefits to organizations that can be purchased modularly to meet each unique need:
-- Rapid endpoint backup and recovery.
- Helps gain control of endpoint data with rapid, efficient, secure and transparent laptop and desktop protection, featuring source-side deduplication, opportunistic scheduling, and bandwidth throttling.
- Lower business risk by protecting your intellectual property with a policy driven approach.
- Increase productivity with anywhere, anytime access to protected data through a web portal, mobile app and natively in Windows Explorer.
-- Secure File Sharing
- Keeps files accessible across laptops and mobile devices, so employees have what they need, when they need it.
- Fosters enterprise-wide collaboration -- without employees relying on IT or risky consumer cloud services.
- Ensure sensitive business data remains safe and corporate data guidelines are met with IT customized policies.
-- Integrated Compliance and eDiscovery.
- Improve governance with enterprise-wide search, discovery and legal hold.
- Accelerate legal response times and compliance readiness through a single collection and search of all Electronically Stored Information (ESI) across your enterprise.
- Deliver security and efficiency with role based access and the ability to easily place searched data into legal hold.
-- Comprehensive Security and Data Loss Prevention
- Utilize remote wipe capabilities to minimize the risk of critical business data being stolen or lost due to an unforeseen event.
- Ensure data security and compliance by encrypting data in transit and at rest to comply with industry and government regulations and standards. CommVault Simpana Software is FIPS 140-2 certified.
- Prevent unauthorized access by selective encryption of files and folders.
-- Analytics - Visualize Your Data to Gain Insights and Intelligence
- Make informed decisions with powerful insights.
- Comprehensive and easy to review dashboard helps assess compliance requirements.
- Manage company, group or individual endpoint data with insights including file type, age and size.
-- CommVault Endpoint Data Protection Overview
-- IDC: Critical Need for Edge Data Protection
-- Data Loss Prevention Solution Brief
-- CommVault Edge Endpoint Data Protection Fact Sheet
-- Simpana Solution Sets
-- Simpana Solution Set Fact Sheet
-- CommVault Blogs
-- More CommVault news
-- Read CommVault blogs
-- Get the latest CommVault news
-- Follow CommVault on Twitter
-- Follow CommVault on Facebook
-- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
-- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
A singular vision -- a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs -- guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management(®) solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana(®) software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at http://www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Tinton Falls, New Jersey in the United States.
©1999-2015 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, CommVault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
CONTACT: Media, Leo Tignini, CommVault, 732-728-5378, firstname.lastname@example.org, @leotignini, or Investor Relations, Michael Picariello, CommVault, 732-728-5380, email@example.com