New 4000 Series Gains Wide Market Acceptance
BROOKINGS, S.D. - Daktronics Inc. (Nasdaq:DAKT) of Brookings, S.D., today announced that its digital billboard shipments more than doubled in the past year. The uptick is attributed in part to the continued marketplace acceptance of the company's revolutionary 4000 (4K) Series digital billboard product line, which began shipping May 2010.
"Thanks to an improving economy, the out-of-home media category has seen significant gains in business. Daktronics has strong relationships with large outdoor operators and independents alike, both of whom have experienced positive momentum this past year," said Jeremy Johnson, Daktronics Key Accounts manager. "Outdoor companies are investing in digital billboards, and the 4K Series provides our customers with industry leading uptime for the life of the display."
Daktronics designed the 4K Series to meet the market's demands for 24/7 operation. Exclusive features developed by leveraging more than 10 years of billboard display experience and a close working relationship with industry leading operators include:
- Lower cost-of-ownership: The most energy-efficient display, designed with high efficiency components resulting in the lowest power consumption in the industry.
- Superior lifetime image quality and uniformity: Daktronics factory calibrates every display and has the exclusive capability to field calibrate each individual module as well as the entire display to maintain superior image quality.
- Advanced diagnostics catch errors before they occur: Intelligent Device Management (IDM) checks 2,400 operation points 24 hours a day, finding potential errors before they become visible on a display, allowing technicians to address a displays health before an outage occurs.
- Incredible reliability: Daktronics designs and tests individual components and complete systems in their state-of-the-art reliability lab to ensure optimal performance. Fully-sealed components are protected against the elements for worry-free operation.
- No more black bars: Exclusive redundant data signal and power supply on module reduces visible failures, keeping an advertisement's message readable.
- Built-in regulatory compliance with fail-safe dimming: The multi-direction light sensor allows the display to dim in accordance with local regulations at the appropriate time of day. In addition, the light sensor includes GPS coordinates, date and time, and can use this data as a fail-safe dimming backup.
Since entering the digital billboard business in 2001, Daktronics has collaborated with outdoor advertising operators to improve technology and increase overall value to meet the market's evolving needs. The 4K Series digital billboard solidifies Daktronics' commitment to meet and exceed marketplace needs and further establishes Daktronics as the foremost digital billboard manufacturer in the industry.
More information about Daktronics digital billboards can be found at http://www.daktronics.com/billboard.
Daktronics is the world's largest supplier of large-format LED display systems, including digital LED billboards, large-screen video displays and control systems for sports and commercial venues. The company has built and installed tens of thousands of LED displays in more than 100 countries, and offers more than 40 years of dynamic display experience.
Daktronics installed its first digital billboard in 2001. For more information about digital billboards, visit:
http://www.daktronics.com/billboards, e-mail the company at email@example.com, or call toll-free at (800) 325-8766.
The Daktronics logo is available at
CONTACT: MEDIA RELATIONS:
Tel (605) 691-3582