Press Release Summary:
Combining current transformer and signal conditioner, ASXP-LS Current Switches monitor large machines for over- or under-load conditions, detect open discharge lines, and sense clogged filters. Split-core housing allows sensor to be installed over existing conductors, while 2.3 x 3.42 in. sensing aperture accommodates conductors and multiple wires per phase. Offered inÂ 4 models with trip points from 200–1,600 A, switches feature electromechanical relay outputÂ and selectable Fail-Safe operation.
Original Press Release:
New ASXP-LS Current Switches from NK Technologies Take Complexity Out of Monitoring High-Current Loads
New switches deliver superior reliability, long-term durability and easy installation
SAN JOSE, CA – NK Technologies introduces ASXP-LS Current Switches – a combination current transformer and signal conditioner designed specifically for monitoring large loads. The ASXP-LS Current Switches feature electromechanical relay output, external power source, simple field setpoint adjustment and easy installation. The mechanical relay contact provides a trouble-free, durable alarm or interlock, improving safety and overall system reliability, while the selectable “Fail Safe” operation provides protection for critical loads.
ASXP-LS Current Switches are used to monitor large machines for over- or under-load conditions, detect open discharge lines and sense clogged filters. They can also monitor generators to shed non-critical loads when demand reaches a set level. Key features inlcude:
• Split-Core Housing: Allows sensor to be installed over existing conductors
• Easy Installation: Snap onto DIN rail or attach to back panel through sensor base
• Larger Sensing Aperture: Large window (2.3” w x 3.42” h) easily accommodates conductors and multiple wires per phase
• Electromechanical Relay Output: Use with AC or DC control circuits and for no-volt inputs (e.g. timing relay triggers)
• Load Start Delay: Adjustable delay allows large motors to start against high-inertia loads without tripping
• Wide Range: Four models available with trip points between 200 – 1600 amps
• Accepted Worldwide: Designed to meet UL, CUL, and CE requirements
Qualifying OEMs can request no-cost test and evaluation units. For application notes and a helpful white paper on current sensing, visit the NK Technologies website at www.nktechnologies.com.
ABOUT NK TECHNOLOGIES
Founded in 1982, NK Technologies designed the first low-cost solid-state current sensing technology that underlies the industry today.
Today, NK Technologies is a leading provider of current sensing, ground fault detection and power monitoring products to the industrial and factory automation markets, with a product portfolio that includes more than 1300 models to satisfy a wide range of specific application needs. As the needs of these markets change, NK Technologies is well-positioned to respond with sophisticated new product designs and improved product functionality necessary to meet those applications.
NK Technologies, 3511 Charter Park Drive, San Jose, CA 95136; 800.959.4014; fax: 408.871.7515 email@example.com; www.nktechnologies.com.