Press Release Summary:
IBM 7315-C04 Desktop Hardware Management Console provides users with dedicated system unit for configuring, controlling, and operating multiple pSeriesÂ® POWER4(TM) servers in SMP, LPAR, or clustered environments. Console enables creation and storage of LPAR profiles that define processor, memory, and I/O resources allocated to each partition. It delivers boot, start, stop, and reset actions for system partition, and can display system and partition status.
Original Press Release:
IBM 7315-C04 Desktop Hardware Management Console Enables Logical Partitioning and Clustering on IBM eServer® pSeries POWER4 Servers
The IBM 7315-C04 Desktop Hardware Management Console (HMC) is a dedicated system unit that gives you a GUI for configuring and operating multiple pSeries® POWER4(TM) servers in either SMP, LPAR, or clustered environments. It comes with the Hardware Management Console for POWER4 Licensed Machine Code feature preloaded.
Manage LPAR configurations using these HMC functions:
· Creating and storing LPAR profiles that define the processor, memory, and I/O resources allocated to an individual partition
· Starting, stopping, and resetting a system partition
· Booting a partition or system by selecting a profile
· Displaying system and partition resources and status
· Displaying a virtual operator panel of the contents of each partition or controlled system
The HMC offers a service focal point for the systems it controls. It is connected to the service processor of the system via a dedicated serial link. The HMC provides tools for problem determination and service support, such as call-home and error log notification, through an analog phone line.
A renewable remote support offering governed by the Agreement for Machine Control Program Remote Support (5771-RS1 or 5773-RS3) is available for 7315 models. The support offers ongoing telephone assistance for routine installation, configuration, and usage (how-to) questions. One year of remote support is required for all new orders.
This HMC model is a dedicated-function device used solely to provide control and service functions to the pSeries servers it supports. It is not available as a general purpose computing resource.
A pSeries POWER4 server that supports an HMC
Planned availability date
February 18, 2005
At a glance
The IBM 7315-C04 Desktop Hardware Management Console system unit delivers functions to attached pSeries POWER4 servers:
· Control logical partitioning (LPAR).
· Control clustered servers.
· Control Capacity Upgrade on Demand (CUoD) resources.
· Control system service from a single focal point.
· Create and store system and partition profiles.
· Boot, start, and stop the system or individual partitions.
· Display system and partition resources and status.
· Easily create and store configuration backup information using an imbedded DVD-RAM.
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or the Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL Reference: RE001