Compression Springs feature plastic composite construction.
Press Release Summary:
Fabricated using Ultem(TM) PEI resins, LeeP(TM) springs combine strength of metal with attributes of engineered thermoplastics. Various standard sizes are available, each in range of strengths (identifiable by distinct colors), and dielectric insulating material is suitable for non-conductive applications. With strength to weight ratios that optimize performance while reducing mass, corrosion-resistant and non-magnetic products also withstand temperatures to 340Â°F.
Original Press Release:
Lee Spring Introduces Innovative Plastic Composite Compression Springs
Brooklyn, NY--Lee Spring introduces LeeP(TM) Plastic Composite Springs, a revolutionary breakthrough in spring technology. LeeP is Lee Spring's answer to increased customer requests for springs that combine the strength of metal with the special attributes of high performing engineered thermoplastics. After years of extensive engineering design and materials research by their expert technical team, Lee Spring developed these unique compression springs. LeeP springs are fabricated in distinctive formulations of Ultem* PEI resins. "We specifically selected Ultem resin as the material of choice for LeeP. It meets or exceeds the criteria we set forth for developing this line. You might call Ultem resin the 'spring steel' of plastics," states Lee Spring President Al Mangels. Ultem resin is produced by SABIC Innovative Plastics, a leader in engineered thermoplastic material solutions. LeeP Plastic Composite Springs are stocked in a variety of standard sizes, each available in a "rainbow" of strengths formulated from different Ultem resins. The six increasing strengths are easily identifiable by distinct colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Violet, with Violet being the strongest. In addition to their initial LeeP Stock Compression Spring offering, Lee Spring has developed the advanced technology to provide Custom LeeP Springs to meet customers' most exacting requirements. LeeP Springs offer many advantages including:
- Unique patented designs to maximize spring rates and cycle life, while minimizing solid height.
- High strength to weight ratios that optimize performance while reducing mass
- Excellent stability of physical and mechanical properties at elevated temperatures up to 340° F
- High corrosion resistance and generally compatible with many chemicals including strong acids, weak bases, aromatics, and ketones
- Non-magnetic material does not interfere with imaging and other Ferro-sensitive technologies
- Dielectric insulating material suitable for non-conductive applications
- Inert non-contaminating plastic composite protects product purity
- Low flammability and toxicity ensuring environmental safety
- Recyclable and compliant with most Global regulations including RoHS and REACH LeeP Springs are designed to meet a wide range of spring applications where non-corroding, non-metallic, inert materials are preferred. These include:
- Medical products and processing equipment
- Pharmaceutical delivery devices
- Imaging and X-Ray equipment
- Food processing and packaging equipment
- Aerospace products
- Marine products
- Electronics and electrical equipment
- Water Purification systems
- Chemical environments
- Automotive interiors
- Pollution Control systems
- Communication devices
- Cosmetics packaging equipment *Trademark of SABIC Innovative Plastics IP BV. Lee's online catalog available at www.leespring.com features user friendly product search engines as well as ecommerce options.To order a complimentary 2010 print catalog, visit Lee's website at www.leespring.com, call 888 SPRINGS, or email Marketing@leespring.com. Custom designs in a variety of materials are offered through submission of an RFQ to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 888.426.6655, or by calling 888 SPRINGS. Lee offers extensive custom services for the production of Springs, Wire Forms, Washers, Stampings, Four Slide Parts and Assemblies Lee Spring is an ISO 9001 Certified manufacturer of stock and custom mechanical wire springs, servicing diverse manufacturing markets in the United States and throughout the world. They have eight locations in the United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and China. Contact Helene Herman, email@example.com or 718-362-5104.