Press Release Summary:
Along with 6.69 L, 149 hp, EPA Tier 4 Final-certified engine, WA270-8 wheel loader features parallel-lift linkage, with auto tilt-in to simulateÂ Z-bar, that can be used in application from pallet handling to hard digging. hydrostatic drivetrain with variable traction control and S-mode is standard, and creep mode in first gear, controlled viaÂ knob on RH console, lets operator dial in travel speed from 1–8 mph. Features also include KDPF, SCR system, and KOMTRAX telematics system.
Original Press Release:
Komatsu America Corp. Introduces the New WA270-8 Wheel Loader
Popular, all-around performer moves from farm work to snow removal with ease
Rolling Meadows, Ill. - Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new WA270-8 wheel loader. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, this addition to the wheel loader family combines high production with low fuel consumption and improved operator comfort.
The WA270-8’s parallel-lift linkage, with auto tilt-in to simulate a Z-bar, can be used in virtually any application from pallet handling to hard digging. Fuel consumption is lower by up to three percent in V-cycle loading and two percent in load-and-carry applications.
“Whether you’re lifting, digging or changing attachments on the fly, the WA270-8 is compact enough to squeeze between farm buildings, yet powerful enough to tackle jobs often planned for bigger machines,” said Frank Nyquist, product specialist, Komatsu America. “It’s one of the most versatile machines Komatsu offers,” Nyquist said.
Standard features of the new WA270-8 include:
Under The Hood/Performance Enhancements
• A powerful 6.69 liter, 149 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA6D107E-3 engine uses up to three percent less fuel than its Tier 4 Interim predecessor.
• Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and other after treatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
• The new SCR system reduces NOx emissions and is designed to last the life of the engine.
• More than 98 percent of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
• Proven, fourth-generation hydrostatic drivetrain with variable traction control and S-mode provides excellent traction control to reduce wheel slip. S-mode is ideal for snowy, icy or slippery conditions.
• Creep mode in first gear is easily controlled via a knob on the RH console. This mode allows the operator to dial in travel speed from one to eight miles an hour.
• New, more comfortable, high-back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort.
• Pioneering KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
• Komatsu Auto-Idle Shutdown to reduce idle time and save fuel.
• Auxiliary jack and two 12 volt ports.
• Seven inch, LCD color monitor with Ecology Guidance.
• Separate full color rear view monitor standard.
• Swing out, hydraulically-driven cooling fan, with wider fin spacing and auto-reversing fan for ease of cleaning.
• Gull-wing engine doors provide quick, convenient access for daily checks and service items.
• Full rear fenders optional.
• DEF tank features a convenient sight glass to discourage overfilling.
The WA270-8 and every other Komatsu Tier 4 Final construction-sized machine, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes limited scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service, and two complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter exchange in the first five years. With select labor, fluids and filters covered by Komatsu over this period, Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability. For full program details, refer to the Komatsu CARE reimbursement letter.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America Corp. also serves the forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality, reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Note: All comparisons and claims of improved performance made herein are made with respect to the prior Komatsu model unless otherwise specifically stated. Materials and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. KOMTRAX® and Komatsu CARE® are registered trademarks of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.