Press Release Summary:
Designed for performance-sensitive, multilayer PCBs, RO4450B(TM)-dx Bondply is formulated to fill high-density designs while offering thin dielectric spacing. This glass-reinforced hydrocarbon/ceramic thermoset bondply provides users with low-loss material that can be fabricated using standard epoxy/glass (FR4) processes. Offered as high fill/flow version, prepreg is compatible in multilayer constructions with RO4003C or RO4350B laminates.
Original Press Release:
Rogers Corp. to Introduce RO4450-dx Bondply at Del Mar Electronics
High frequency performance and low cost circuit fabrication
Show: Del Mar Electronics
Dates: April 26-27, 2006
Venue: Del Mar Fairgrounds
San Diego, CA
Booth #: 622
Rogers, CT, March 21, 2006: Rogers Corporation (NYSE: ROG) will be introducing its new RO4450B(TM)-dx Bondply, a high fill/flow version of the industry standard RO4450B(TM) Series High Frequency Circuit Material, at this year's Del Mar Electronics Show.
RO4450B Series circuit material is a glass-reinforced hydrocarbon/ceramic thermoset bondply designed for performance-sensitive, multilayer printed circuit boards. These bondplys are designed to offer superior high frequency performance and low cost circuit fabrication. The result is a low loss material, which can be fabricated using standard epoxy/glass (FR4) processes. The new RO4450B-dx is a high fill/flow version of the RO4450B bondply. It is designed to fill those high-density designs while still offering thin dielectric spacing.
RO4403(TM), RO4450B(TM), and RO4450B(TM)-dx prepregs are based upon the RO4000 series core materials and are compatible in multilayer constructions with either RO4003C or RO4350B laminates. As with RO4000 laminates, RO440 prepregs are compatible with the majority of standard FR4 processing practices.
Rogers will also be featuring its adhesiveless materials for thin multilayer and rigid-flex circuits at the show:
· 2L-FCCL Adhesiveless, All-polyimide (API) Flexible Circuit Materials are designed for use in cell phone hinge flex, LCD interconnection, and other applications. Offerings of the two new lines of 2L-FCCL API materials include R/flex® AP 200 material, a single-clad, cast-on type product and Mitsui Chemicals NEOFLEX(TM) NFX material, a double-clad, laminated-type product. Both are available in rolls 250mm and 500mm (9.84 inches and 19.68 inches) wide. The new adhesiveless products are polyimide-based, made by directly bonding polyimide onto adhesion-treated copper foil, without the use of conventional adhesives. They are ideally suited for the manufacturing of circuits intended for use in high-density designs, harsh working environments, dynamic flexing applications as well as thin multilayer and rigid-flex circuits. Product features and benefits include:
· Excellent solder resistance, ideal for lead-free soldering temperatures.
· Thinner cross-section than laminates with adhesives, allowing smaller bend radius and high cycles in hinged applications.
· Inherently flame-resistant, halogen-free (green) with a flammability rating of UL 94V-0.
· Excellent dimensional stability, for use in making fine line flexible circuit designs and assemblies.
NEW GREEN WEB SITE!
Visit the new "Green Leader" site at www.rogersgreenworld.com, which contains information on Rogers' environmentally friendly specialty material products and compliancy-related issues.
Rogers' specialty materials are offered worldwide through an extensive network of technical sales offices. Based in Rogers, CT, the corporation manufactures and markets specialty polymer and electronic materials for targeted applications, focusing on communication and computer markets.
RO4000, RO4403, RO4450B, and R/flex are licensed trademarks of Rogers Corporation.
NEOFLEX(TM) is a trademark of Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
Rogers' Web site: www.rogerscorporation.com