GENEVA, Switzerland, November 11 / / - CalciTech Ltd. (OTCBB: CLKTF) CalciTech announces today the launch of a new product, CalciRC100S(TM) , for use as a high performance filler in plastics. This new product brings additional benefits over conventional calcium carbonates. For example in PVC profiles, trials with major producers have shown the following benefits:
- Improved profile whiteness and thermal stability due to
CalciRC100S's high purity
- Higher gloss and toughness due to CalciRC100S's narrow particle
- Lower costs due to higher loading factor, lower density and less
thermal energy required in extrusion
- Consistent high quality due to CalciTech's unique process which
is independent of the raw material
In addition to these benefits, CalciRC100S offers a new way for plastic producers to improve the sustainability of their products.
- CalciTech's novel process utilises waste lime and effluent
carbon dioxide to manufacture its Synthetic Calcium Carbonate (SCC).
This means that SCC production captures CO2 and does not rely on
unsustainable freshly mined materials.
- Since CalciRC100S can be used with higher loading levels, less
polymer resin is used.
The directors of the company take responsibility for this announcement.
Source: Calcitech Ltd