Bourn & Koch to Exhibit Innovative Gear Shaper Design
Will exhibit first machine at IMTS, Chicago, September 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL - Bourn & Koch Inc. will exhibit a new CNC gear shaping
machine with unique shaping head features at the machine tool show.
The Bourn & Koch 1000VBS CNC Gear Shaper is a 40" (1000 mm) gear shaping machine with 8" (200 mm) stroke capability. It has the potential of being paired with Bourn & Koch's 1000VBT Vertical Turning Center or 1000VBG Vertical Grinder.
Key benefit features for the 1000VBS CNC Gear Shaper can be found in the innovative shaping head design, which offer the user:
- CNC controlled quick return
- CNC controlled back off and cutter offset
- CNC controlled tapering, crowning, contouring
- CNC control of the helix motion of the cutter spindle (electronic guide)
For the IMTS Chicago show the B&K 1000VBS CNC Gear Shaper has a basic
configuration consisting of:
- Base: The base is a hybrid composite construction utilizing CAD produced heavy
beam style steel weldments and polymer aggregate in the strongest heavily
stabilized structure possible.
- Column & Cross Rail: The column is a hybrid composite construction using CAD produced heavy beam style steel weldments and polymer aggregate resulting in the strongest dynamically stabilized structure possible. The column is fitted to the top of the base and has a precision vertical preloaded roller way system and ballscrew to support and position the cross rail. The vertical motion of the crossrail on the column gives the machine a large range of vertical capacity. The cross rail is clamped to the vertical column way system after positioning.
- Work Spindle: The work spindle is a self-contained unit mounted on precision radial/axial roller bearings and has infinitely variable speeds of 1-40 RPM via an integral liquid cooled torque motor with 1800 Nm continuous torque.
- Shaping Head: The shaping head is mounted to the infeed slide utilizing the preloaded roller rail system mounted to the cross rail. The infeed slide is positioned with a precision ballscrew. The shaping head is the latest patent pending Bourn & Koch Inc. electronic design.
- Complete modern machine enclosure with sliding doors that open at top and front for ease of loading and unloading parts.
- Lubrication: Lubrication for the linear guide ways and ball screws is automatic and controlled by the CNC.
- Coolant System: The machine is furnished with a complete coolant system including pump, motor, piping, valves, and tank internal to the machine enclosure. (Optional chip conveyor units are available.) Standard coolant tank capacity is 50
- Paint: Standard Polane colors (Swiss White, Steel Blue, Vista Green and Machine Tool Gray).
- Standard machine enclosure light.
- Control: Siemens 840D with PC front end, touch screen.
- Bourn & Koch Human Machine Interface (HMI): With intuitive graphic supported, menu style, conversational data input, for OD/ID shaping. Easy data input via drop down windows next to the graphic displays. Simple selection of shaping processes easy management of tool, part and process data as well as Inch/Metric option. Simple creation, storage and recall of data files utilizing the standard Windows XP explorer environment. Easy recall of data files provides for very quick set up times. No CNC programming knowledge is required. The HMI calculates and monitors cycle time, interactive help messages, diagnostic messages, alarm histories and all technical machine documentation.
The machine is manufactured in the USA to both domestic USA standards and to European CE standards.
See the 1000VBS gear shaping machine at IMTS 2010 in Star SU's exhibit in the North Building, booth N-6924. Get additional details regarding this machine prior to the show by requesting a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Star SU at (847) 649-1450 to speak with a regional sales manager.
Star SU LLC is the go-to-market cooperative of the partnered companies of Bourn & Koch, Star Cut Sales, and SU America (a unit of Samputensili S.p.A). All sales, sales engineering, sales & marketing administration, direct sales force human resources, sales Information Technology, and sales distribution for North America are merged into a single enterprise managed by an executive committee made up of the senior management
of the three companies.
Star SU LLC