Coraopolis, PA - April 19, 2017 - Goodfellow offers an extensive range of boron nitride in many forms, most in stock and available for rapid shipment.
- Exceptional resistance to wear and erosion
- Excellent lubricating properties
- Low electric conductivity
- High thermal conductivity
- Exceptional resistance to thermal shock
- Excellent chemical stability
- Machinable using traditional metal turning techniques (hot-pressed BN)
Boron nitride is widely used in the aerospace industry, notably as a thermal barrier and as a dynamic friction material in brake pads. It is also used in thermal management filters in high-performance plastic components. Other applications for BN are found in:
- Microwave-transparent windows
Goodfellow supplies a wide variety of forms
Powder (hBN as well as Wurtzite BN, which is harder than diamond; cubic BN is available on request)
- Sheet (hot-pressed and pyrolytic)
- Rod (hot-pressed)
- Tube (hot-pressed)
- Film (single crystal)
- Sputtering target (hot isostatic pressed)
- … plus machined components finished to customer specifications
For more information about boron nitride and related materials (e.g., metalized BN and high-performance plastics used with BN), contact a Goodfellow technical expert by calling 1-800-821-2870 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goodfellow is a leading supplier of metals, polymers, ceramics and other materials to meet the needs of science and industry worldwide. The company specializes in supplying small quantities (a few grams to a few kilos) of metals and materials for research, prototype development and specialized manufacturing applications. Standard products can be found online at the comprehensive Goodfellow Catalog. Custom products and materials in larger quantities are available upon request at email@example.com.
125 Hookstown Grade Road
Coraopolis, PA 15108