Press Release Summary:
Upgraded SterilGARDÂ® III AdvanceÂ° Class II, Type A2 cabinet features plenum technology that offers quieter performance and extended HEPA filter life. Eye-level controls face the operator for easier access. Horizontal blower/motor with multi-voltage speed controller maintains velocity and provides uniform airflow to filter. Internal balancing damper reduces exhaust velocity by 75%. Cabinet is 2 in. deeper, creating up to 170 in.Â² additional work area.
Original Press Release:
The Baker Company Upgrades the SterilGARD® III Advance° Biological Safety Cabinet
SANFORD, Maine - The Baker Company recently upgraded its popular SterilGARD® III Advance° Class II, Type A2 biological safety cabinet to include features that improve cabinet ergonomics, performance, ease of use and serviceability. The SterilGARD® III Advance° is the platform for a complete line of Baker Company laboratory and animal research products.
Upgraded cabinet features include:
· New plenum technology offers quieter performance and extended HEPA filter life.
· Contemporary controls include monitoring, communication and data management options for a variety of applications. Eye-level controls face the operator for easier access.
· Overall cabinet height is reduced by 1 3/8".
· Innovative horizontal blower/motor with multi-voltage speed controller maintains air velocity, provides more uniform airflow to the filter.
· Electrical components are consolidated outside the containment area for easy service, and offset petcocks are easier to connect and easier to use.
· The enlarged viewing area, 92 sq.in. (403a), 140 sq.in. (603a) is slanted 10° for natural head and arm position, putting the work surface within easy reach. New proximity switches replace mechanical limit switches for viewscreen height alarm.
· Reduced front grille depth, plus slim profile of lower plenum moves work closer to laptop level for the most comfortable position.
· Unitized drain pan with radius corners is free of obstructions for easier cleaning, and a new one-piece work surface/air intake grille with pull tabs replaces earlier two-piece design.
· New internal balancing damper reduces exhaust velocity by more than 75 percent.
· Versatile canopy exhaust connection protects cabinet performance.
· Sleek, streamlined design simplifies sealing for pressure leak testing or cabinet decontamination.
· Straight back wall with integrated rear grille creates the largest unobstructed work surface. Inside cabinet is extended 2" deeper, creating 110 sq.in. (403a), 170 sq.in. (603a) additional work area.
To learn more about the SterilGARD® III Advance°, visit www.bakerco.com or call The Baker Company at (800) 992-2537.
The Baker Company, a world leader in the design and manufacture of biological safety cabinets, clean benches, fume hoods, powder weighing stations, animal research products and gloveboxes, has been building containment and clean air equipment to protect personnel, animals, product and the environment for more than 50 years. Company products are designed for life science, pharmaceutical, industrial and hospital/clinical applications worldwide.