Press Release Summary:
Featuring contained, positive-pressure work area, SterilSHIELDÂ® Model SS500 is designed for aseptic compounding of non-hazardous drugs. It creates HEPA-filtered unidirectional airflow of better than ISO Class 5 air cleanliness conditions within chamber. Measuring 5 ft wide, unit has 2-glove positions and ergonomic design with slanted viewscreen, top hinge, and oval gloveports. With touchpad membrane control, microprocessor controller enables operation without relays or switches.
Original Press Release:
The Baker Company Introduces SterilSHIELD® Barrier Isolator Designed To Help Pharmacies Comply With USP<797> When Working With Non-Hazardous Pharmaceuticals
SANFORD, Maine -- The Baker Company has introduced a smaller, two-glove position model of the SterilSHIELD® Barrier Isolator that offers a contained, positive-pressure work area for pharmacy applications. Designed specifically for aseptic compounding of non-hazardous drugs in compliance with USP<797>, the SterilSHIELD® Model SS500 creates a HEPA-filtered unidirectional airflow of better than ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness conditions within the chamber to eliminate cross-contamination on the work surface while preventing outside contaminants from entering the chamber.
The SterilSHIELD® Model SS500 (5 ft. wide) offers a two-glove position, while the original Model SS600 (6 ft. wide) and offers a three-glove position in the main chamber.
SterilSHIELD® SS500 Features
· Ergonomic design includes a slanted viewscreen angled at 10° with top hinge to allow full opening for loading and unloading of pharmacy equipment, oval gloveports (with two glove positions) offer easy reach to all interior surfaces for users of different heights, positive-pressure interchange (pass-thru chamber) permits safe and easy transfer of materials in or out of the chamber.
· Product protection is assured through a main chamber pressure that is positive to the room. The main chamber is slightly more positive than the pass-thru interchange to maintain aseptic conditions in the main chamber.
· A unique plenum design employs a high-performance airflow system that provides optimum protection from particulates, extends filter life and reduces cost of ownership.
· The SterilSHIELD microprocessor controller with touchpad membrane control offers simple operation without relays or switches. The Baker StediVOLT® motor speed controller reduces the risk of performance degradation due to line voltage fluctuations.
The Baker Company, a world leader in the design and manufacture of biological safety cabinets, clean benches, fume hoods, powder weighing stations, animal research products and barrier isolator, has been building equipment to protect personnel, animals, product and the environment for more than 50 years.
· For questions about the SterilSHIELD® SS500, contact email@example.com