Press Release Summary:
- Available in a stainless steel M8 tubular style, 8x8 metal block style, and a stainless steel IP69K flat pack style
- The range and the hysteresis of the sensor can be adjusted by eliminating the need to adjust the sensor-to-object distance
- Offers easy and flexible configuration and sends the diagnostics and sensor information via IO-Link
Original Press Release:
New Balluff Mini Photoeyes Deliver Big Results for Tight Spaces
IO-Link miniature sensors beneficial in size-constrained robot applications
Florence, Kentucky (May 31, 2019) — Balluff’s newest photoelectric sensors deliver exceptional sensing capabilities in a tiny form factor, making them ideal for use in applications, like robot part-detection, where size constraints exist, and multiple sensors are required.
In robot applications, sensors must be lightweight, small, and self-contained, and the new Balluff IO-Link miniature sensors fulfill these requirements with precision. They can be remotely configured, further adding to their flexibility.
Available in a stainless steel M8 tubular style, 8x8 metal block style, and a stainless steel IP69K flat pack style, each style offers a vivid, clearly defined red LED light spot making sensor alignment quick and easy. Additionally, the various sensor models have the option of side or front-mounted optics.
For these sensors IO-Link parameterization permits multiple teach methods including single point, two point, window and dynamic modes. You can set the range and the hysteresis of the sensor, eliminating the need to adjust the sensor-to-object distance. Also, some versions allow you to configure the SIO output type — reducing your inventory requirements.
Key features include:
- Easy and flexible configuration via IO-Link
- Various mounting configurations for maximum adaptability
- Simple setup, with vivid red indicator light
- Diagnostics and sensor information via IO-Link
- Precise switching response
Learn more at: www.balluff.com
Balluff stands for innovative technology, quality and cross-industry experience in industrial automation. As a leading sensor and automation specialist, Balluff offers a comprehensive portfolio of innovative sensor, identification and network solutions as well as software for integrated system solutions. We give our all to improve the competitive position of our customers by sharing our passion for automation.
Founded in Neuhausen auf den Fildern in 1921, Balluff now employees 3600 workers in distribution, production and development sites around the globe. This guarantees excellent worldwide product availability for our customers, as well as high-quality consulting and service directly on site.